“Very Poor Reception” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Very Poor Reception”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I am a veteran member and have used TA reviews when travelling worldwide with great success. As a personal policy, I only make positive reviews, however, in this case, an exception must be made. I was on a 3 week trip in Washington and Oregon and made a reservation over the phone at this hotel for the evening of Wednesday, September 18. The young lady on the phone was very hospitable and gave me a rate on the phone, which she confirmed by email. When I arrived to check in on the afternoon of Sept 18, the young man at reception asked me to sign for a rate which was higher that that given to me. I explained that the rate quoted was incorrect. Instead of looking into the matter, he insisted that I produce proof of the rate quoted to me to the point that he insisted that I retrieve my computer from my car and show him the rate confirmed to me. While in the process of doing so, he realized that he had made an error. While mistakes do happen, this young man thought so highly of himself and was so arrogant that he couldn't even say he was sorry for what had transpired. I really believe that this hotel should review people skills with certain of their staff. The next evening I booked into the Best Western at Mt Hood and the courtesy on check in was exceptional. Please do not take this as a negative in terms of the rooms at this hotel as they are very nice and the BW chain in general has done a great job to enhance their hotel branding . However, it only takes one individual at a member hotel to make a sour impression.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Holly H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
On behalf of our entire team, please accept my sincere apology for the actions of our Front Desk Clerk. You should never have to suffer that kind of treatment at our property and I have followed up with the associate you dealt with and he understands that he did not treat you reasonably or fairly. Thank you for staying with us as well as bringing this to our attention so that we could use the incident as a "training opportunity." I hope that you will give us another try to give you a superior experience in the future.
Holly H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reno, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Bard is an excellent choice for "Theater Goers" in Ashland, Oregon. It is a very short walk past lovely shops, restaurants and a small bridge over the river. A great resource when planning your trip to Ashland.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the nice review of our property. We hope to see you again the next time

your travels bring you to our wonderful city.

Holly H
Seaside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Bard's Inn is more expensive than the other Best Western in Ashland, but it's all about the location. You can walk to everything so it's definitely worth it. The beds were comfortable and the room was fairly large. As others have mentioned, the breakfast offered lots of choices, both hot and cold. I'd recommend the Bard's Inn to anyone who wants an above-average Best Western in a great location. We were upstairs and found it to be very quiet.

Room Tip: As with most older motels that have been refurbished, ask for an upstairs room if you are concerned...
Green Features: Separate container in room for certain recyclable materials.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Holly H, Assistant Manager at BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear SuzC,

I am so happy that you popped into Ashland and stayed with us. I agree that we have a great complimentary breakfast. We try our best to offer multiple fresh options for our guests so that everyone can choose what they would like to eat each morning. Thank you for your kind words and we will see you the next time you stop in Ashland.

See you soon!

Berkeley, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The room was attractively decorated and the location was excellent, but there was noise from the room above the whole night which made our stay less than perfect. Air conditioning had to be turned off at some point in the evening.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Holly H, Assistant Manager at BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Betty P.,

I am so pleased that you liked our reciently renovated rooms. I am sorry that the guests above you were making excessive noise during your stay. That can be a very frustrating experience and I am sorry about that. We will have to get you on a top floor for your next stay.

Take Care,

Sandy, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two days. It is centrally located in Ashland within walking distance of the Shakespeare Theatre. On the first night there I walked over to the Theatre to see a Shakespeare play. The room was very nice and quiet. The free breakfast was very good. The hotel is also about 90 miles from Crater Lake which I visited, too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Holly H, ASSISTANT MANGER at BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting Ashland. I agree that we have a perfect location for those who want to enjoy all of the local attractions in the downtown area. It can be a little stressful during the summertime months to find parking in the downtown area. I am very happy that you had a fun time while visiting Ashland and the surrounding Southern Oregon areas.

We will see you soon!

Assistant Manager
Ashland, OR, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stay every year at the Best Western Bard's Inn in Ashland, OR when we attend plays for the Shakespeare Festival. The Bard's Inn is located walking distance to the plays as well as main streets of the community. The Inn always is clean, helpful staff, top-of-the-line breakfasts and reasonable rates for the season.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Holly H, Assistant Manager at BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear William L. ,

Thank you for choosing the Bard's Inn as your home away from home while visiting Ashland. I am thrilled that you loved our location, breakfast, guest rooms, etc. We have a baker on site which makes the breakfast items fresh each morning. I am so happy that you got to see all the special things that Ashland has to offer. We all hope to see you back in Asjhland very soon.

Assistant Manager
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great location, very close to Shakespeare plays, Lithia park, and great restaurants. Bed was a little too firm, but otherwise everything was great. They have the best "Continental" breakfast we have every had, with sausages, mini quiches, yogurt, bagels & cream cheese, pancakes, and lots more. The pool is small, but well heated, and the hot tub was actually hot! The in-room internet worked well, and was reasonably fast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jennifer K,

Thanks for your review. I agree that our location is one of the best. There is no need to drive anywhere once you have arrived at the Bard's Inn. I'm sorry you didn't like your room location during your last stay. We will have to book you into one of our 3 alternative buildings. The smoke has finally cleared from the local fires and Ashland is back to its' beautiful self.

See you next time,
Ally T.

Been to BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn? Share your experiences!