“A must when in Ashland” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pasadena, California
“A must when in Ashland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The staff at this hotel is amazing....most accomodating - all you had to do was ask. We had a large room with plenty of space for all our belongings and we were two women with lots of stuff. We were in the annex across the street from check in so don't know if that is the old part or not but we were most comfortable. Access to town is great as you can walk everywhere; restaurants, the various theatres, their amazing park, etc. I know the inn is doing some remodeling so it should even be better when done. We had absolutely no problems with breakfast. A pretty darn good variety for a BW; actually one of the best we have ever experienced at a BW. Normally you only get rolls, coffee and maybe cereal. They not only had those items but offered quiche, burritos, casadeas, bagels, etc. I would definitely stay there again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Just aks for a larger room if you don't like what you first get. The rooms not facing the stree...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Holly H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
WOW! Thank you sooooo much for recognizing our team! We look forward to your next visit to Ashland!

Holly

283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Santa Rosa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here the night of Nov. 23. My comments apply to the older section of the hotel near the lobby. The location of Bard's Inn is excellent, very convenient to downtown. The room was clean. Beyond that, our room on the 2nd floor did not have much to recommend it. It was small and cramped, with an armoire jutting out into the walking area. One suitcase rack was provided, but no accommodation was made for a second suitcase; I ended up having to put mine on the floor. I can usually find a surface--a dresser for example--but there were no "surfaces" here large enough for a second suitcase.

I believe that Bard's Inn is making an effort to have variety with the breakfast. Be aware that the quiche has a thick, soggy crust and no taste.

The front desk clerk who checked us in did not have a warm greeting for us; in fact, she gave no greeting at all. On the other hand, when we were having problems regulating the heater, a man came up right away and was very pleasant.

So... a mixed experience. My feeling is that this room was overpriced for what it offered. I would stay at Bard's Inn again, but not in the "older" section; and I would possibly eat breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Holly H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
On behalf of our entire team, please accept my sincere apology for not meeting your expectations. Each survey is forwarded to our owner, Jonathan Warren for review and follow up. We hope that you would consider staying with us again so that we may give you an incredible experience!

Holly
Oroville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Wonderful hotel. Very nice people. Go out for breakfast instead of the free one. It was cold and old.
Hotel is wonderfully located. With in walking distance to everything.
-------------------------------------

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Holly H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Just wanted to thank you for staying at our property. I am sorry than you were disappointed with our complimentary breakfast. We do appreciate your review and I have forwarded your remarks to our owner, Jonathan Warren for review and follow up. Look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Ashland!
Florence, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I spent a theater week in Ashland for the first time recently, and stayed at this Best Western, located an easy walking distance to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival theaters and the gorgeous downtown Ashland area. Thus BW consists of three buildings grouped together. My room was #404, an end unit upstairs, in the quiet building behind the main one, about a half block further from the highway. The room was a double queen, recently renovated, with vaulted ceiling and a private balcony nestled among treetops. I had a mini fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, flat-screen tv, a table with comfy chairs, and a nice desk with comfortable chair. Free, fast Wifi for my iPad was another treat. I walked each morning the half block to the large breakfast room, where I savored quiches, sausages, toast, muffins, cereal, juices, and coffee. There's also an interesting pancake maker that resembles a copy machine, both in looks amd the way it delivers you one pancake at a time for your waiting plate. But yummy! I took advantage of both off season ad online rates, and was very pleased. This is the place I will definitely stay again each year when I return to Ashland for amazing theatre, good food, natural beauty and local color!

Room Tip: If you want quiet, request a room in the building behind the main one. You'll be further from th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Holly H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
On behalf of our entire team: Thank You! We really appreciate your review of our property, complimentary breakfast, etc. Until your next trip to Ashland, take care!
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Bard's Inn on a family road trip. We stayed in the newer section of the hotel, and the rooms were very clean, quiet, comfortable, and tastefully decorated. Our room was a great place to hang out and relax after a long day on the road. We loved the hotel's central location in Ashland. We walked to dinner and enjoyed a morning stroll along the creek and in Lithia Park before we hit the road again. Our one disappointment was the free breakfast-- I was expecting higher quality than the sugary cereals and other mediocre offerings. Next time I think we'd eat elsewhere.

Ashland is a cute little town with lots of good restaurants and unique shops. We enjoyed spending time there this summer! We would most definitely stay at the Bard's Inn again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Holly H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. I am sorry that you were disappointed with our complimentary breakfast, I will forward your input to our owner, Jonathan Warren for review and follow up. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
St. Albert, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Very nice room with plenty of pillows on a very comfy bed. Great location, everything you could want within easy walking distance. An exceptionally good breakfast. Ashland is a very beautiful town n the fall.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Holly H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
On behalf of our entire staff: Thank you for the positive review of our property.

Been to BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn? Share your experiences!