“Great Value with Lots of Amenities” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Surrey, Canada
“Great Value with Lots of Amenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a road trip to California. It is conveniently located just off I5 at Exit 14. It is close enough to I5 but not so close that freeway noise is a issue. The only setback would be that it is not close to the downtown area, however they did provide limited shuttle service during the Shakespeare Festival. I'm not sure if they run the shuttle outside of event times.

The hotel is fairly large and is two stories arranged in an L shape. There is a fitness area, breakfast area as well as an outdoor pool and jacuzzi. There is plenty of parking available.

My room was located of the second level near the pool area. The room was large and had all the usual amenities that one would expect including an ironing board as well as a hair dryer. I found the room and hotel to be very quiet. Of course this can vary with the types of guests staying but overall sounds from adjoining suites and outside were limited.

The pool area is nice. It gets the afternoon/evening sun in June. There were approximately 8 lounge chairs as well as 3-4 tables with chairs. The loungers were well padded and towels are available close by as well.

The fitness room is quite large but basic. It is also quite exposed with lots of glass windows so with the summer heat it would be quite hot, even with any air conditioning. The breakfast area provides the basic food to get your day going. Nothing fancy, but enough to satisfy both kids and adults before heading off.

Overall I had a very pleasant stay here. It provides all that you would need for an overnight or short stay. All staff members including reception and the breakfast area were very friendly. I can't really find fault with this hotel as it delivered what I was looking for, a convenient, good value hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
AshlandWindsor, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear MisterCheeky,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our property. Thank you for mentioning our proximity to I-5, shuttle service, pool area, and fitness room. Thank you for mentioning how quiet our property is, despite how close we are to the I-5.

We hope to see you again on your next adventure through Ashland!

Brittanie B, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Hilo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I scoured the reviews for a nice place to stay to celebrate my parentʻs 50th and my 20th anniversary. Although we do like luxury and could have afforded the higher end hotels near the center of Ashland, we also like to save a few dollars where we can. Thankfully we did not have to sacrifice either staying at this Best Western. I must admit I was a bit hesitant making the reservation thinking about all the ʻseedyʻ places I have seen a Best Western in the past, but all that was whisked out the door the moment I stepped into the lobby to check-in. The staff was courteous, helpful, and quickly got us to our rooms. I liked it so much, I signed up to become part of the ʻclubʻ as I will be traveling quite a bit in the near future. But on to the description...

The good stuff - The grounds are well kept. Their is a planted area separating the room doors from the car parking area. There is a good sized outdoor pool and hot tub, a large breakfast area which was expanded into the large conference room to accommodate surges of people getting breakfast, and a large fitness room. We had a King size room which was quite spacious with a separate sitting area and the bath/toilet was in a separate room. I like having the double sinks accessible. My partner could shower or use the toilet and I could still get ready. The bed and pillows were very good.

The downsides - the fitness machines are a bit dated (they all work well, though) and their was only one of each type of machine (elliptical, treadmill, bicycle), so if there are several people wanting to workout, they would have to stagger their times. There is enough room for more machines, but their is also lots of room for people to do yoga or other floor exercises. The parking lot fills up in the evening on busy nights. You need to get their early to get the egg quiches or it is powdered eggs and sausage for you. Oh, and the OJ seemed to be a bit watery.

All in all, I will definitely return next year.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the bottom floor as they do not have an elevator.
Dear Renee L,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our property.

I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations as Best Western property. Thank you for mentioning our clean rooms, friendly staff, grounds, breakfast and pool. We look forward to seeing you at our property in the future!

Bend, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The room was clean and large. The bathroom has a very foul order once the shower was turned on and it took 10 minutes for the water to warm up. I ended up taking a cold shower. This hotel does not have easy walking distance to downtown Ashland.

Dear Tamarra H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I apologize for the trouble you experienced with getting hot water in your shower. Since your stay, we have replaced some of our older water heaters on property, so it should not be a problem in the future.
While we are not within walking distance of the downtown area, we are just a short 3 miles from the town center. We do provide a complimentary shuttle service to and from the Shakespeare festival to make it a little easier for our guests who don't want to drive into Ashland.
If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (800)-334-2330.
Brittanie B. General Manager
Redmond, OR, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Breakfast choices were spartan at best. The comforter on the bed was to thick (heavy) and they had no light weight blankets to replace them with. The local temperature was 90 degrees. REALLY? We went down the street to a local to eat.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

AshlandWindsor, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Robert I,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our breakfast offerings or our duvets. If you require a lightweight blanket, please just let our staff know and we can take care of you. I will be sharing your feedback with the property owner for review and follow up. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you'd like, at 541-488-2330 or 800-334-2330.

Brittanie B. General Manager
Ukiah, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I booked this hotel on line. It met all my expectations and was easy to find. The staff was helpful. I was having a off(I have a chronic illness) and they inquired if there was something they could do...the breakfast was good. Amenities were fine. I do like how some hotels now, not this one, but another BW are putting shower gel, shampoo and condition in a large container instead of all those little disposable bottles. Everyone wins...I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Patrick T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad to hear we met your expectations, and that you found our staff members to be helpful during your stay. Thank you for your suggestion on the soap dispensers. I will be sharing your feedback with the property owner for review and follow up.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Very well maintained, nicely landscaped. Good value, comfortable and safe surroundings. Unfortunately too far from city center but they did have limited shuttle service for theatre goers. Didn't use the jacuzzi but the pool was very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear LynneC,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property. I hope you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. Being only 3 miles from the town center, it's just a short 7 minute drive from our property to OSF. I hope next time you will be able to use our pool and jacuzzi, they are quite refreshing!
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The only reason I would not recommend it is I would want to keep it a secret! Great location. Nice staff. Second time staying here to see Oregon Shakespeare Festival. Only issue is that there was no parking late at night when we returned from seeing plays so we had to park on the street and walk in.

Dear Costal4,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a 5-star review! I am glad to hear that you've enjoyed our accommodations for a second time. Generally we do not have parking issues, but on occasionally we'll get a person with a trailer, that takes up several spots against our recommendation. If this ever happens again, connect with the front desk staff, we may be able to help you find a spot that's not on the street.

Brittanie

Been to BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn? Share your experiences!