“Ashland Or stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 19 hotels in Ashland
seattle, United States
“Ashland Or stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Very clean, friendly and extremely helpful staff. Although not in town, hotel offered free shuttle service to the Ashland Shakespeare festival theaters. Convenient location just off freeway. Appreciate the quality and variety of the no charge breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

AshlandWindsor, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Janet L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, shuttle service, and our friendly and helpful staff. We look forward to your next venture to Ashland!

277 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Forest Grove, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was a great place to stay. Right off I-5 for convenience, clean, quiet and well appointed. I am certainly going to stop here next time I either go to or come back from California. They even provided two bottles of water for my husband and myself. I considered the breakfast very good. While there was no bacon, they did have sausages which I consider good protein for a long drive. Overall, it's a A+ for me

Dear Beatriz P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Wow! I am so glad to hear that we are an A+! We look forward to your next visit to Ashland!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel sits on the southern edge of Ashland adjacent to freeway. The grounds are kept nicely with blooming flowers and well kept garden areas. Not noticeably loud because of the freeway but downtown Ashland, theater etc. is not walkable, a minus. The room we had was okay but the bedding smelled off putting and the bed was in need of replacement, like way too squishy. Breakfast OK.

Dear GlideDon,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am sorry for the issues you experienced in your room. I will be following up with my housekeeping staff about this experience. Our front desk staff is here 24 hours a day, we are always happy to help if there is an issue like the one you experienced. We would have moved you to a room with a bed that felt more comfortable to you. Please let us know if there are problems during your future stays, and we will make it right.

Eugene, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We celebrate our anniversary over Labor Day weekend in a part of our newish state we've never been to and this year it was Ashland. In keeping with our honeymoon theme, the hotel must have a Jacuzzi tub, and room #409 did, but it was much, much smaller than the photo made it out to be. In fact, only one of us could comfortably use it at a time. Normally this would put us out considerably, but because we planned to spend more time downtown and at shows, it was less annoying.
That the hotel is located about >15 minutes from the hub of activity was OK. They offer a shuttle to plays, of which we took advantage (Tip your driver, cheapskates.) And parking in town was easier than we were initially led to believe. It's a good thing the room was booked at a discount rate because it really didn't live up to 'Luxury King Suite' standards: it was just a plain old room, nothing fancy. (And yes, we had a few sugar ants visiting the vanity.) I'm all about being eco-minded, but that strange cooling/heating contraption was hard to figure out and bloody loud! Huge disappointment with the gratis breakfast. Lousy food, wretched coffee and limited selections (even the yogurt wasn't veg friendly.) Pretty grounds and competent front desk staff, just don't expect anything special.

Room Tip: Don't pay full price; book at a discount otherwise it's a rip-off.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ORSSS,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am disappointing to hear that our property did not live up to your expectations. Our staff members are here 24 hours a day and are always willing to help with any issues you have experienced in the room, and make sure that we have you set up in a room you will be comfortable in. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with an excellent stay in Ashland,

boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Air conditioner in our room was very loud. Next day ants in room. Each day we notified the office and was told it was NORMAL. third day I insisted for a room change. The office staff told us they needed to call the supervisor to get the okay for a room - I couldn't believe it!!! I did not leave the office until they provided customer service. - poor customer support

Dear tony0611,

I apologize for the issues you experienced during your recent stay here. I have discussed this issue with you before via a guest survey response. I am now getting a different story from you in this review.
My front desk staff does not ever need management approval to move a guest from a room that has issues. If this was the case, I need to get more details from you about this encounter to ensure that it does not happen again. Please send me another email or give me a call to discuss this issue further.

Santa Barbara, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed here for one night in September while traveling to Salem, Oregon. I decided to spend the night here so I could attend a performance of King Lear (which was excellent.) The hotel is what I think of as a typical (older) Best Western hotel. The room was a little dark, but it was quiet and very clean and was large enough. The staff was exceptionally helpful, the shuttle service to and from the theater was very convenient and prompt, the breakfast was fine, and the grounds were well maintained and pleasant. I would stay here again if I were travelling through Ashland.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have an elevator. If you have trouble carrying your bags up stairs, ask for a g...
Dear Travelaunt58,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property, and the play King Lear. We hope to see you on your next adventure through Ashland!

Ashland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The room was clean and bed was comfortable. The included breakfast was average. They omelet and sausage option seemed like they just placed it in the microwave (heat and serve). My 2nd cup of juice was watered down (coming from a juice machine). The pancake machine was a novel item, it produced good tasting pancakes. It would have been a higher rated pancake if the texture would have been more "fluffy" - personnel preference.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

AshlandWindsor, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Brad S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that your room was comfortable. Thank you for your comments and suggestions on our breakfast. I will make sure the owner of the hotel sees them, for review and follow up.

We look forward to your next visit to Ashland!

Brittanie Bellamy, Front Office Manager.

Been to BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn? Share your experiences!