We've been making quite a number of trips back and forth from CA to WA. We now make an over night stop in Ashland a requirement on this road trip. This time, however, the Best Western - Bard's Inn was fully booked so we had to compromise and stay at the Windsor Inn.
This was hardly a hardship! The Windsor Inn is really quite lovely! It's obviously a more family oriented hotel than the Bard's Inn - though why, I'm not sure. It could be that the pool seems more conducive to use being off the main road perhaps?
The hotel is very conveniently located just off I5 and Hwy 66, but doesn't feel like you're at the end of an off ramp. The room available last minute was a (sweet) suite - huge! It offered living room, kitchen, nice sized king bed bedroom and full bath. The unit was clean and quiet.
We love to do several short stops in town - Liquid Assets to pick a bottle of Pinot Noir (when in Rome!). Drink a couple of glasses over a plate of their most awesome olive medley then re-cork the bottle and pick up dinner to go: Sushi @ Kobe (96 N Main St) for me and Thai Pepper (84 N Main St) for my husband. Both restaurants have the same owner so I can order my sushi and have it delivered upstairs at Thai Pepper while my husband waits for his.
Our hotel was just a quick drive back from town and the room was the perfect place to eat our meals and finish our wine. The next morning, feeling rejuvenated and rested we hit the highway and continued north.
This hotel would be a great place to use as home base if you plan on spending more time in Ashland. We saw that they offered a shuttle to and from special events.
Breakfast is complementary as is wi-fi.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Windsor Hotel Ashland
- Best Western Ashland
- Best Western Windsor Hotel
- Ashland Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with people who care at the Best Western Windsor Inn! We provide exemplary customer service; clean, recently remodeled rooms; and a complimentary deluxe hot breakfast for our guests.Located just off the I-5, the Best Western Windsor Inn is an easy to find, perfect destination for travelers & festival attendees. We offer a complimentary seasonal shuttle to and from Ashland's world famous Oregon Shakespeare Festival.We invite you to come relax in our beautiful gardens and catch some sun in our seasonal outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Best Western, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.