“Another great stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Blaine, Washington
“Another great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was our 5th time to stay at this hotel (our half way point from Blaine, WA to Central Coast, CA). It was a return trip after a week camping in Big Sur, so I booked a jacuzzi room. The woman at check in was great (Dana, I think was her name). I explained that we'd had our car broken into & half our stuff stolen in Eugene on the trip down (a different hotel chain...I won't make that mistake again), and asked where the best place to park was. She said that the good & bad news was that the parking lot in front of our room was being resurfaced: we'd have to park in the lot in front of the office which meant a trek to load up in the morning, but that it would be within sight of the night auditor, and they made hourly rounds.

The room was clean, spacious & quiet. The bed was comfortable, the jacuzzi great after 10 hrs of driving! The AC was a little odd to use, but other than that it was a great room, nice grounds & a good breakfast as far as free breakfasts go (I loved the small quiches). Loading the car in the morning was no big deal & check out was quick & friendly. It's a really good value!

Windsor Inn, I learned my lesson with that other hotel in Eugene & will never stray from your hotel in Ashland again! :)

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room (jacuzzi if possible). The vaulted ceiling makes the room seem bigger.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
AshlandWindsor, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Lirpa63,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property!

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your 5th stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the Jacuzzi in your room, and that you liked our breakfast quiches.

Thank you for being so understanding while we had our pavement resurfaced. I'm happy to hear that parking away from the room didn't cause you too much trouble when loading up the car.

Thank you for staying with us again, and we look forward to seeing you next time you come through Ashland!

Brittanie Bellamy, Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

When I go to Ashland, I always stay here. It is a bit away from the center of Ashland activity, the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. However, the clean, quiet and comfortable rooms, beautiful grounds, and easy access to hikes, freeway, and shopping make the trade off worth it.

I usually visit Ashland 5 or 6 times a year and every time I have been welcomed by the hotel staff and anytime I had a request, these fine people made every effort to make it happen.

The one thing I would like to see improved is the complimentary breakfast...to few options and bakery items often not fresh. This isn't much of an issue as I often go downtown and enjoy my morning coffee and breakfast at any number of Ashland's fine eateries.

My primary purpose for selecting a hotel is a good night's sleep and that has always happened at the BW Windsor Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
AshlandWindsor, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear KingRider,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our property! I am glad to hear that we are able to accommodate your needs every time you stay with us. It is our goal to serve our guests the best we can, and it looks like we are doing just that!

Our continental breakfast is currently under review by the owner, Jonathan Warren. We will be implementing changes soon. Thank you for understanding while we are in transition.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you come to Ashland!

Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

from visiting family in CA. They know us and always more than fulfill our needs. Right down to the extra blanket and pillow. We love being rewards members.Never hesitate to stay here or recommend to our friends. Would love to be able to purchase the comforter!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AshlandWindsor, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Makauff2,

Wow! Thank you for the great review! I am so glad to hear that you stay with us every time you pass through the area. Thank you for your loyalty!

I'm glad that you enjoyed our fantastic comforters! Next time you stay with us, just ask our front desk staff, and we can get you the information to order the comforter. We are looking forward to the next time you stay with us!

Abbotsford, B C, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great bed, good sleep, quiet, clean but carpet getting dated, Internet good and fast, breakfast ok, standard, staff friendly and efficient. Check-out fast. Would recommend to others and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

AshlandWindsor, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Marilyn M,

Thank you for the great review! We are glad to hear that you will stay with us again, and that you'd recommend us to others. Thank you for the suggestion about the carpet, I will pass it along to the owner, Jonathan Warren, for review and follow up.

Sincerly,

Brittanie Bellamy, Office Manager
Campbell, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed two nights with our grandchildren whose ages range from 8 to 15 and our elderly dog. We all had a great time. It's excellently located as it lies between the town of Ashland and the lake area. The convenient full breakfast delighted the children, especially the pancake maker which even the youngest could operate. While the pool was not heated, the spa was and they delighted in using both. Vanessa gave us a wonderfully warm welcome which included water and doggie treats. Although we had an extra roll away bed added, there was plenty of room to move around. Our only complaint was the child upstairs who liked to hop off the bed, or so it sounded. But it taught our grandchildren a great lesson on how to behave in a motel, so we made up stories about the giant bunny above us. The restaurant next door was extremely convenient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

AshlandWindsor, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear JudyStacia,

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for our property! I am glad to hear that our accommodations made a great weekend for you and your grandchildren.
Thank you for the compliment about my desk clerk, Vanessa. I will make sure she sees this review & is rewarded for her excellent service!
We hope that next time you stay in Ashland, that it will be with us again!

Brittanie Bellamy, Front office manager.

Been to BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn? Share your experiences!