“Great hotel for the price!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Blaine, Washington
“Great hotel for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

First, I'm not a person who spends a lot of tie in the hotel room, no matter where i amz or how lng I'm there. I don't need a view, or spa facilities, or to be in the heart of town: if this is important to you, this might not be the hotel for you I want a clean, comfortable, quiet place to sleep: all hotels look the same when you turn the lights off.

That being sai, I've stayed here twice now. Our first stay was June 2010. We were moving from So.Cal to NW WA...with a dog & very unhappy cat. Ashland was a good half way point & this hotel would take the animals & was the less expensive of the 2 BW in the area. The AC was broken in the 1st room we were given, but staff was very quick to change our room. The room was a bit dated, but it was clean & comfortable for the price. We just needed a place to sleep overnight & the proximity to the freeway was perfect for us. Know before you book that it's about a 5-10 min easy drive to downtown Ashland. Perfect for us, but it depends on what you want. My only "knock" on the experience was that the gentleman checking us out in the morning was soooo slow. It took 10 mon to get the paperwork...& we were the only customers.

Our 2nd trip was May 2011. We were returning back to WA from 10 days of camping in Big Sur, so I got a jacuzzi room this trip. These rooms (in the wing near the fitness center) seemed to be more recently updated. Spacious, the jacuzzi was great, room was quiet....& a jacuzzi room for $100 was a steal! We met friends in Ashland for dinner (Thai Pepper...a bit spendy, but very good) & it was an easy drive into town from the hotel. Again, just an overnight stop: if you are there for longer you might want to be more localized in town, but really you're 10 min away by car. This time check out was efficient. I think the first trip we had a newbie.

We're headed back to Big Sur this May (2012) & have booked here again for down & back. It's a clean, quiet, comfortable place to sleep and a great value for the price in this area.

Room Tip: Unless you arrive late...or just really like Denny's type food...skip the on-site restaurant. Th...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012 via mobile

We got a beautiful room with a King size bed on the ground floor. The rate was terrific with our AAA discount and they had a very accommodating pet policy. Aside from a little noise from the floor above us it was the perfect experience.

• Stayed January 2012
Friday Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I love when you walk into your hotel room and there is a frig, a hair dryer, plenty of towels and a bed linens that don't smell like laundry soap. Best Western does it again for me and my pooch.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Portland OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

For detail on the hotel, see my previous review "We Always Stay Here."

The only change from the previous is from our experience this last weekend, specifically 12/3/11. We called the previous morning to book the reservation, and all seemed to go well. That is, until we arrived the next night. The front-desk person, Diana, was unable to find our reservation, nor could she explain why if there was no reservation that the credit card had been charged. Instead of simply saying "Ok, let's get you a room" (the hotel was practically empty), she dithered around continuing to look for the reservation, asking if we had booked at the sister hotel further into town, calling said hotel, etc, etc, etc. Finally she got us a room.

Next issue - we had repeated mentioned that we needed an extra blanket, which seemed to be forgotten by Diana as soon as we said it. Finally she said that she would look for one. We went to the room, and after a half-hour I called, asking again about the blanket, only to be told that she was still looking. About 5 minutes later she called and said that all the blankets were in the laundry. When asked when one might possibly be available she was unable to even guess.

Eventually she called to say that a blanket was available, but that I would have to come to the office to pick it up, that she couldn't leave the desk. So I got out of my pyjamas and got dresed to go out into the 20-degree night to get the blanket.

The next morning when we checked out, we spoke with the person on-duty then, who promised to look into the problem. About 5 minutes later she found that the original person we spoke with to make the reservation, Nichole, had made it for the night the day we called, instead of the intended date, which was the next night; this also explained why the credit card had been charged.

So... make sure your reservation is correct, and double-check it. And maybe bring your own blanket.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Kula, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

About a 5 minute drive to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, this place is nice on a budget. The rooms are newly remodeled and very clean. We payed $88.00/night total for a King Room. The bedding is crisp and fresh, the bed was comfortable and the room was emmaculate. The only reason I gave this 4 instead of 5 stars is because the walls are thin. Luckily, we had quite neighbors.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

This hotel is an excellent choice for budget-minded visitors to Ashland's renowned Oregon Shakespeare Festival. While not particularly close to the theaters, the hotel offers a free shuttle that makes getting to and from the plays, and downtown dining and shopping, quite easy. Much lower prices than comparable accommodations closer to the festival. Location is very convenient (about a $7 taxi ride) to the Ashland airport for fly-in (private aircraft) visitors.

At least some of the rooms, particularly the lower cost "basic" rooms, have undergone recent updates and they are now very nice and well equipped.

Amenities include a free, and surprisingly generous, continental breakfast, a nice pool and spa, an OK fitness room, and very nicely landscaped grounds.

Room Tip: The more basic rooms are perfectly adequate for a couple.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I moved to the Best Western Windsor Inn after two nights at my favorite Ashland motel because it was sold out for the additional days of my visit. I was very happy at the Best Western, and especially happy at its price - about half what I'd paid earlier in the week!

My large room - 246 - was scrupulously clean, the king sized bed was very comfortable, and I didn't hear outside noise in the room. Lots of cable channels on the TV. Coffee maker and coffee, iron and ironging board, and blow dryer in the room. Breakfast was included in the nightly rate ($129/night on Thursday and $139 on Friday), although I never made it to the breakfast room in time so can't comment on the quality. :)

The pool area had several loungers and table and chair arrangements, and pool towels were available in the nearby laundry room. I spent one lovely afternoon stretched out in the shade by the pool, reading and enjoying watching kids and their families cool off from the heat of an August day.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and was able to email me the receipt. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival - a nice feature. Note that there are rooms are on the second floor and no elevator.

All in all, I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn? Share your experiences!