“Recently updated rooms enhance an already good value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Seattle
“Recently updated rooms enhance an already good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

This hotel is an excellent choice for budget-minded visitors to Ashland's renowned Oregon Shakespeare Festival. While not particularly close to the theaters, the hotel offers a free shuttle that makes getting to and from the plays, and downtown dining and shopping, quite easy. Much lower prices than comparable accommodations closer to the festival. Location is very convenient (about a $7 taxi ride) to the Ashland airport for fly-in (private aircraft) visitors.

At least some of the rooms, particularly the lower cost "basic" rooms, have undergone recent updates and they are now very nice and well equipped.

Amenities include a free, and surprisingly generous, continental breakfast, a nice pool and spa, an OK fitness room, and very nicely landscaped grounds.

Room Tip: The more basic rooms are perfectly adequate for a couple.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I moved to the Best Western Windsor Inn after two nights at my favorite Ashland motel because it was sold out for the additional days of my visit. I was very happy at the Best Western, and especially happy at its price - about half what I'd paid earlier in the week!

My large room - 246 - was scrupulously clean, the king sized bed was very comfortable, and I didn't hear outside noise in the room. Lots of cable channels on the TV. Coffee maker and coffee, iron and ironging board, and blow dryer in the room. Breakfast was included in the nightly rate ($129/night on Thursday and $139 on Friday), although I never made it to the breakfast room in time so can't comment on the quality. :)

The pool area had several loungers and table and chair arrangements, and pool towels were available in the nearby laundry room. I spent one lovely afternoon stretched out in the shade by the pool, reading and enjoying watching kids and their families cool off from the heat of an August day.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and was able to email me the receipt. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival - a nice feature. Note that there are rooms are on the second floor and no elevator.

All in all, I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Redlands, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Lovely grounds with beautiful landscaping. Serves a continental breakfast though it's not much to brag about, but the rooms are good sized, and nicely appointed. Helpful staff. For as nice as the room is one would expect a little nicer towels.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms by the pool
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Kent, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

The hotel staff made every effort to let me check in early. I had been driving from Southern California back home to Washington state. Believe me when I say thats a long drive for a novice like me. I had been on the road and I was tired along with my family. I got checked in early and went into the pool. The only thing I didn't like was that no one told me that the hotel had a restuarant on the premises, When I asked for a restuarant for breakfast. But the room was very nice and the pool was great. The guest service associate though didn't know how to check me out. Might I suggest more training for the nice young man? The customer service was excellent other than that.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

The Windsor Inn was recommended to us as the "place to stay" during our short stay in Ashland, Or. If you're looking for comfortable place, away from the hubbub of downtown Ashland, we can echo that recommendation. We were in town for a few days to visit the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, something we can also recommend.

Located right off of I-5. Check in was pleasant and quick. The exterior of the hotel has a European Tudor feel with a small and well maintained garden, which keeps one in that medieval mood. The hotel has an outdoor pool and a large workout room, neither of which we took advantage of. We were told that pets were accommodated on first floor rooms.

Our 2nd floor room was in the hotel's "new" wing. It had all the features we look for; a large and comfortable with two queen sized beds and free wifi at a reasonable price. As hotel rooms go, ours was quite large. There was a multi purpose hutch, which contained six drawers, the TV and the fridge. The closet space was open and the bathroom was roomy. Overall, we were please with it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hillsboro, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here twice, once on the way down to California and once on the way back. This was not a pleasure trip for us, and it was nice to know that this hotel was a very familiar stopping point for us on our journey. On our way down, we were in room 111. It appeared to be a recently remodeled room, and very nicely done. The staff at the front desk were so nice to even give us a menu to the restaurant next door and that made it so much easier when we were exhausted.

When we came back, we had to adjust our schedule by one day, and all that I had to do was to contact the staff and not only did they have no issue with the change, they upgraded us to a suite, unit 401. It was quite nice, really more than we needed for just one night but a refreshing switch from the very small hotel room. Something we will definitely keep in mind for future trips through the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

My husband and I needed a place to overnight in Ashland, and since it was a spur of the moment trip, we had trouble finding any kind of accomodation near the downtown area . I checked with Triple A and a king size room was available at this hotel for around $116 a night. The hotel is located in a non-descript area near the freeway. Surprisingly, it was quiet. The hotel does offer a shuttle to the Shakespeare festival, but we didn't have trouble finding parking and were glad we drove ourselves into town. The room was very clean and there is a free breakfast included with your stay. We opted to have breakfast at Isabel's Dragonfly, which we highly recommend (nice patio area). Best Western does have another property right in town (the Bard's Inn), which is totally convenien,t but looks like it fills quickly. Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you aren't looking for anything fancy.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Windsor Inn? Share your experiences!