“Nice little room in pretty motel.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Manor Motel to your Saves list
Manor Motel
476 N. Main St., Ashland, OR   |
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
“Nice little room in pretty motel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Within walking distance (15-20 mins) of Shakespeare festival, convenient location for seeing the plays. Comfortable clean room, room 8, with fridge, microwave, shower, toilet, tv (but who needs tv when going to festival?) Could borrow a couple of plates from front office for snacks. If you like large bath towels and large coffee mugs bring your own! Plentiful trees make property a cut about the usual motel.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Nanjing
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Manor has everything you need at a decent price -- close to the center (10 min walk), clean, friendly, wi-fi, good bed, good-sized fridge, microwave and quiet. There's even place to sit outside and enjoy an afternoon snack. Although old, the units seem to have been recently updated. All-in-all, a good option for staying in Ashland.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was our first trip to Ashland, part of a road trip, and we were on a budget. I was prepared to stay at some "cookie cutter" Motel 6 kind of place further away, because I knew any place walkable to downtown and the Shakespeare Festival would be expensive. NOT SO! By reading other reviews, it sounds like each room may be a bit different. We were in #4 which was absolutely fine. Clean, tidy, a bit funky (just some of the random furnishings) but FINE. We wanted a kitchenette and with the original garages between many units, we heard absolutely NO sound from neighboring units. NICE! Yes....the bathroom was VERY small, but it worked for us. There is a sandwich joint next door and a decent mini-mart a few doors down. The "six tenths of a mile to the Shakespeare Festival" was a bonus! That means the edge of the very compact and walkable downtown was only a few blocks past a few lovely old Victorian inns and a school. It was over 100 degrees so the short walk was nice. The innkeepers Steve and Karen and the housekeeper were very friendly and attentive. The outdoor space was nice as well. Next time I want #12 with the private and fenced garden area. Just a few simple cosmetic improvements would take this place from a rather randomly quirky ambiance to something a bit more cozy or even funky - either would be cool. It was a great introduction to Ashland and we will likely stay there again. If you want to pay more for average rooms a couple of blocks closer, go right ahead :) ~S & B from Portland. (and yes...they let us bring our cat :)

Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had a rush of nostalgia when we first pulled up to the Manor Motel -- a 50's style motor inn, with a friendly representative at the front desk. Just the kind of place my parents would have taken me to when I was growing up.

But once we entered the room, the nostalgia died quickly. The carpet was filthy. There was a trash can full of someone else's garbage. The cups were unwashed. The wall paper and tile were peeling off the walls. And the shower -- let's just say I felt dirtier when I came out than when I first went in, with mold and mildew all over the floor and a shower that couldn't run hot and cold water together.

Mom wouldn't have put up with any of this. Maybe you shouldn't either.

Still, it's probably the cheapest place in Ashland within walking distance of the theater. And with a little more attention, I'm convinced it could really be a gem. But it's not there now...

sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We love old fashioned "motor courts" and this one is perfect. It is close to the highway and to downtown Ashland. It is quaint and clean with a full kitchen and regular size coffee pot, not one of those one cuppers. We stayed in room 7 which might be due to having a pet There was no pet smell and i would pick this room again as it is on the end so more private. The only suggestion i would make would be to either get new bath towels or provide more than two skimpies. I can see we will be back to this place again

• Stayed July 2013
Chico, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed one night in number 10 in mid-July, 2013. Clean, comfortable and just what we needed after a long road trip as the last night. We were tired of traveling and just needed a place to spend the night before the last leg back to California. We were away from the road, so it wasn't noisy. I spent time in the little garden at the back just reading. Two couples were sharing dinner at the table and chairs. When I had no money for the maid, Steve, the manager, offered to cover it for me. Very kind. I remembered I had a check-book, so I was good. This is not fancy, but neither is it plastic. Everything worked. We were comfortable and on our way the next morning. We will be back.

Washington State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is truly a vintage motel. We stayed in Room 1 for three days.
Upon checking in, we received a sheet of important information. It should be read.
The one thing that was "good to know" was that housekeeping does not come by automatically each day! Housekeeping is between 9 am and 3pm and unless you have your sign out requesting maid service hung on your door knob, you won't get housekeeping. I'm glad I caught that.

Room 1 is a two room suite and is good for families.
The Good - Wifi was wonderful in this room. The AC worked very well. There was a refrigerator and hot pot in good working order. The beds were firm, just the way I like them. They had extra blankets in the closet. The owners are nice and friendly. There is a great place to eat breakfast just two blocks away called the Breadboard. There is a park-like setting on the property that allows for some nice shade, relaxation, and neighborly chitchat. Lastly, someone previouly commented on the toilet handle getting stuck - well it must have been fixed because it worked just fine. Housekeeping did a great job and the place was very clean.

The Not-So-Great - The bathroom is small. Part of that "vintage" theme. The toilet has a few inches on either side before you hit wall. People could literally be too big for this bathroom. Few outlets. The one in the bathroom is up on the light. It was a good thing we had a 12" extension cord with us or I wouldn't have been able to reach it for my hairdryer. Road noise. Linens were on the cheap side - newer but really thin. I could have used two towels after my shower.

This was a fine room for the price and location and overall I am glad we stayed here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Manor Motel? Share your experiences!