“Simply nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Eureka, CA
“Simply nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Classic motor-court motel from another era. Clean rooms and well maintained for their age. Managers are very nice and accommodating. Close to downtown with nice neighborhood for walking. An exceptional deal.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Leandro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My family and I spent two nights here en route to and from a gathering in Seattle. My niece and her husband had one room, my partner and I another. I very much appreciated the warm, homey decor and atmosphere of our room - I felt like we were staying in a home, in someone's nice guest room, rather than in the sterile, cookie-cutter motel environment of the typical Holiday Inn or other "chain" motel. Our room at the Manor had lots of charm and warmth, instantly made us feel comfortable. Room was clean and well-appointed; shower, heat, refrigerator, TV all worked fine. The manager, Steve, is very friendly and attentive, instantly treated us as friends, gave us good advice on local restaurants to try, clearly is working hard to keep his place up and improve it, even shared his own coffee with me in the morning! Again, this is such a contrast with the typical generic motel experience. The price is also extremely reasonable. I'd heartily recommend the Manor to anyone, look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Room 10 is exceptionally roomy and nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Leandro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My partner and I spent two nights at this motel, on our way to and from a family burial in Seattle. We found the room to be homey and appreciated the large bathroom with a combination shower and tub. We made use of the refrigerator and I used the coffee-maker one morning to heat water for tea from the tea bags and mugs provided. Johnny turned on the T.V. once to the local PBS station for a blues program. Our room was warm and spacious. Steve, the hotel manager, shared his freshly-brewed coffee with Johnny on our last morning and even offered him the ceramic mug to take with him. We would stay here again and recommend it to those who prefer a motel with character to a cookie-cutter chain (We stayed in a Travel Lodge in Seattle and far preferred the Manor Motel).

Room Tip: Our room, #10, was quiet. There is one room with a privacy fence and a private patio.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I spent a night in a single-queen room here on our way to Seattle. Manor Inn has an extremely good rate, warm staff. We appreciated the fridge, wifi, and general cleanliness. Water pressure/temperature could be improved slightly, but all in all a very comfortable stay. We've reserved a room at Manor Inn for our return trip, and would stay here in the future.

-Lucy and Adam

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

There's an open and relaxed feel to this small motel that does indeed have a touch of Film Noir atmosphere (a previous reviewer had a similar comment which I found interesting as it was also one of my first impressions.) However, the drama's a short walk away at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival and not at the Manor Motel.
Managers Karen and Steve are friendly and engaging which in my motel/hotel experiences can be hit or miss. They both take quite a bit of pleasure in managing the place, yet they do so unobtrusively--another hit with me.
My stay was enhanced by the fact that I could walk right out my door to the park-like garden area and sip on coffee while enjoying the mountain view around me. All in all, it was a very comfortable and pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Berkeley, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed in the Manor Motel for 4 nights over the holidays. I was traveling with my brother and his wife who stayed in another unit. Their unit had a kitchen. It was equiped with a frying pan, but no pot. There was one small bowl. We did not receive any housekeeping (not even fresh towels). There was an envelop left on the beds for a tip for the housekeeper. My sister-in-law left a note on their envelop "no service - no tip". There were instructions posted by the room door saying to leave the key at the front desk. So my brother took our keys to the front desk at 6:30am when we left. The manager was very angry to be disturbed. My brother mentioned the instructions posted by the door and the manager told him to remove it. Later that morning, I received an angry phone call from the manager regarding the "no service - no tip" note. Odd - if I had an unhappy customer, I would be calling to apologize for the poor service, not to yell at the customer for telling them they had not received a service they paid for. Stay here is you want cheap, but do not expect even minimal service!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rogue Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This "motor court" motel has an ambience and peaceful feel to it that is reminiscent of the age in which it was built. The manager, Joe, has been very accomodating and sensitive to our needs (we are five months pregnant, lol)... We've stayed two weeks, been left alone to enjoy our stay yet pleasantly (and non-invasively) asked as we come and go whether all is well, and it is. Our housekeeper, Misty, worked politely around our lazy days and timed her cleaning of our rooms with when we were out and about. Especially cleanand white linen and towels, surprising in an establishment of this size and age. The kitchenette was well provisioned with a complete stock of dishes and utensils, a mid-sized refridgerator and a completely functional stove and oven, not "mini". Close to downtown, fine dining, Lithia Park and the Plaza, yet in it's own little nook of quiet serenity. All in all, a very relaxing experience, yay :-)

Room Tip: The northwest situated rooms get morning/mid-day sun in winter for a lighter, brighter stay :-)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Manor Motel? Share your experiences!