“Loved our first stay in Ashland” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pelton House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Pelton House Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Pelton House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
228 B Street, Ashland, OR 97520   |
Ranked #18 of 37 Ashland B&B and Inns
Troutdale, Oregon
“Loved our first stay in Ashland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was a mother/daughter first time trip to Ashland. My mother had bid on a package deal at an auction which included 2 nights at the Pelton House B&B and 2 theatre performances, one at OSF and the other at the Caberet Theatre.

Unfortunately, since it was last minute reservations we couldn't get two nights together for the weekend we could go. So, the first night, (Friday) we stayed in the Auberge House across the street from the Pelton House. We stayed in the upstairs portion of the house called Manzanita. It was perfect for us. It had two separate bedrooms along with a laundry room and a beautiful bathroom. Also, 2 large closets. Downstairs is a complete kitchen with an adjacent enclosed patio. It was wonderful having our own refrigerator and coffee maker available to us. Coffee/tea was prepared the night before, and the first person up in the morning just needs to push start. I also noticed a shelf full of books, games and maps. In the morning, breakfast is at the main house at 9:00am. Each morning something different was served and very delicious.

Our second night, (Saturday), we had a reservation at a nearby hotel.

Our third night, (Sunday), we were back at the Pelton House. This time we were in the main house in the room called, Wood.

Another VERY clean, lovely 2 bedroom with beautifully tiled bathroom. Each bedroom had a small t.v., but I never turned them on. Beds in each room were very comfortable.

Of the two rooms we stayed in, I preferred the Manzanita in the Auberge house. I felt it was much quieter and I loved having the access to a kitchen. The "wood" room over at the PH was just too noisy for me. I admit I am a light sleeper and wished I had brought my "sound soother" to help drown out the background noise. I did hear other guest enter the B&B just past 11p.m, go upstairs and then leave around 6:00a.m. Also, you will hear kitchen noise as well. That didn't bother me, but something to be aware of.

Note: There is a construction project going on a block away, but that never bother us, maybe because it was the weekend. And the only improvements I would suggest would be cleaning up the outside a bit.

I would highly recommend this B&B! It really is the perfect location to the theatre and restaurants!

Also, I have nothing but high praise to say about Mary! She was so kinda and accommodating to my mother and I.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hercules, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I went on a spur-of-the-moment trip to Ashland, OR in late August. My main reason for choosing Pelton House is its proximity to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. It was a safe and easy walk for a lazy person like me.

LOCATION: Pelton House is only 3 short blocks from Main Street. Then if you turn right on Main Street, Oregon Shakespeare Festival is just one short block away (with Starbucks at the corner). You won't even notice the distance because of the many interesting shops along Main Street.

BOOKING PROCESS: I went online to book a room. Their website indicated that the water room was available, so i booked it right away. Someone was supposed to call me regarding the booking, but when I haven't received any phone call in the next hour, I called them directly. It turned out that the water room was NOT available; luckily, there were 2 other rooms available. We chose to stay in the fire room in the main house to avoid spending a bit more. I figured since we only occupy a small space when we sleep, we could just use one of the twin beds. It turned out to be a dumb move, but that's another story altogether.

ARRIVAL: We arrived a little after lunch. We didn't have any problems finding street parking. There wasn't anyone to greet us when we came in, but we could hear shuffling upstairs. There were cookies on the dining table; we were so tempted to help ourselves to some. We stayed in the sitting area for a few minutes, then someone finally came to greet us. She said our room was almost ready, the blankets were still in the dryer though. We said that was fine, we didn't need them yet anyway. We were able to catch a few winks before heading out for dinner.

FIRE ROOM: The room had two twin beds. It was too much of a hassle to push them together to create a bigger bed, so we didn't even bother. There are no closets in this room. They do have a baggage rack and a standing rack with a couple of bathrobes hanging. The bathroom was updated, it was really nice. I liked the shower area and the bathroom sink :) My husband liked it too. He also liked the free wi-fi!

BREAKFAST: The first part of breakfast was a muffin and a bowl of mixed fruit sprinkled with granola. The second part of breakfast was sort of a bread pudding with fruits on top. Even though the bread pudding was good, i wasn't able to finish it because it was too much fruit and sweetness for breakfast. I would have preferred an egg dish for the second course, or at least something salty to balance the sweetness of the first course. We shared the table with a pleasant couple from California.

OVERALL: We were satisfied with our stay. The location was perfect, the price reasonable. It was a huge deal for us that we didn't have to worry about parking because everything was walking distance. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else when visiting Ashland, OR.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
La Selva Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Within 2-3 blocks of OSF, great restaurants, food coop, parks, brewery ... park your car off street and relax. Lovely, quiet, pristine and affordable rooms. Excellent breakfast with fresh local produce and home-cooked pastries. Friendly and accommodating staff. Simply wonderful. Will be back!

• Stayed August 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have been to Ashland many years, but this was our first stay at this delightful B&B. Our suite was beautifully decorated with nice views of the garden. Breakfast was totally fresh and delicious and the hosts were warm and inviting. The location is just a short walk to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival and the Ashland Food Co-op. We will definitely return for our next visit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Winnetka, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Pelton House couldn't be closer to all the activities Ashland has to offer. Its rooms are clean and airy, and the breakfasts delicious as well as bountiful. The breakfast room is a bit crowded, but it affords one the opportunity to get updated reviews of Ashland's plays and near-by attractions, such as Jacksonville and the Rogue Creamery in Central Point.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was our second trip to Ashland within a year, and our return visit to this great B&B. We stayed in the 'Metal' room again and traveling friends were in the cottage. Both were great. Breakfast is always unique, filling and made with localo ingredients. Mary (the host) is wonderful and does a great job, backed up by her daughter Brenda and grandson Warren (age 2 1/2). The location is less that 1/2 mile from the Shakespeare theatres and near to resaturants and walking trails. This is a great place in a great town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I travel for a living and stay in all different kinds of accommodation (hotels, motels, B&Bs, etc). I have severe allergies, so things can get tricky. I'm also quite sound sensitive and have a hard time sleeping near freeways or around loud machinery. Last week I was traveling from Seattle to the Bay area and needed to break up my journey. I thought Ashland would make a good half-way point. I was exhausted and wanted to stay somewhere that was restful and calming; I'm so glad I discovered Pelton House. When I called, Mary was kind and accommodating, making sure I knew that no pets were in the house and that there was feather-free bedding available. I was arriving later in the evening and Mary let me know that there wasn't a problem with that, just asked me to keep her posted as to my ETA. I was warmly welcomed when I arrived. There was a sense of "coming home" -- I was told to make myself at home and to contact the hosts if I had any concerns. Because of my sound sensitivities they put me up in a room that was quiet and calm. Just what I needed! Over breakfast I ate with 2 other travellers and had a great conversation. The breakfast itself was tasty and incredibly filling. If you're looking for a welcoming and comfortable place to stay, give Pelton House a try.

Room Tip: The room in the detached house (upper garage) is quiet.