“Accommodating & gracious hosts, excellent B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pelton House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Pelton House Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Pelton House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
228 B Street, Ashland, OR 97520   |
Ranked #17 of 37 Ashland B&B and Inns
Winnipeg, Canada
“Accommodating & gracious hosts, excellent B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I travel for a living and stay in all different kinds of accommodation (hotels, motels, B&Bs, etc). I have severe allergies, so things can get tricky. I'm also quite sound sensitive and have a hard time sleeping near freeways or around loud machinery. Last week I was traveling from Seattle to the Bay area and needed to break up my journey. I thought Ashland would make a good half-way point. I was exhausted and wanted to stay somewhere that was restful and calming; I'm so glad I discovered Pelton House. When I called, Mary was kind and accommodating, making sure I knew that no pets were in the house and that there was feather-free bedding available. I was arriving later in the evening and Mary let me know that there wasn't a problem with that, just asked me to keep her posted as to my ETA. I was warmly welcomed when I arrived. There was a sense of "coming home" -- I was told to make myself at home and to contact the hosts if I had any concerns. Because of my sound sensitivities they put me up in a room that was quiet and calm. Just what I needed! Over breakfast I ate with 2 other travellers and had a great conversation. The breakfast itself was tasty and incredibly filling. If you're looking for a welcoming and comfortable place to stay, give Pelton House a try.

Room Tip: The room in the detached house (upper garage) is quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've stayed at the Pelton house at least once a year and often twice since they opened 10 years ago. The rooms are extremely comfortable with very large and well appointed bathrooms. Brenda Barnhill and her mother Mary are warm and accommodating hosts. We very much look forward to our stays there. In terms of convenience to the Southern Oregon Shakespeare Festival, it couldn't be better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We headed down to Ashland for a two-night trip. We found Pelton House on the OSF website. The proprietress was this charming lady who asked about breakfast? Sure, but no dairy and no gluten. Scrambled eggs?-she said. Sure, but no milk in them. Breakfast came with seating for eight. All guests eat together. Each course had easy modifiers for us. Fruit, but no granola on top. Eggs instead of some sweet thing. Soy milk for our coffee. No fuss whatsoever. The room itself, Metal, was in the main house and had a bathroom of nearly equal size. Extremely comfortable and quiet. We will stay here again. I should also mention that my wife has a down feather allergy, and it was no problem to substitute other bedding.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eureka, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

You cannot get a better location than this B&B. Three blocks to the theaters. We parked the car and didn't get into it until we left. We had the Water room which is upstairs. It was very clean and comfortable. If you go during summer check to see there is A/C because this room could get hot even with the ceiling fan going. The breakfast is wonderful and filling. It is served promptly at 9:00 to everyone staying here. Coffee is put out at 7:30. Brenda and Mary are very nice and helpful.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the Pelton House so much! My friend and I stayed in the Manzanita "room" and it was perfect for us. The room was not just one room, but 2 separate bedrooms (each with a Queen bed) and a fantastic private bathroom with a large tub and a steam shower. There was a tv in one of the rooms, but we didn't use it. Free wifi in the rooms worked well for our needs.

The house we stayed in was actually a separate house across the street from the main residence. There were 2 guest rooms downstairs, and our rooms upstairs. We had the whole upstairs to ourselves (other than the shared laundry room, which no one but my friend used when we were there). We had full access to the kitchen, including the lovely tea pots, dishes, etc. Coffee and tea were also available in the kitchen, as were fresh baked treats daily. One of our favorite parts of the stay was the sun room. My friend and I had tea there each day, and sometimes brought dinner back to eat in the gorgeous garden room.

Breakfast was served in the main house, and there was a large table for those who wanted to socialize, and smaller ones for those who did not. Breakfast was delicious, although the meals were high in carbs and sweets ( yummy scones and fruit, followed by delicious, but sweet baked French toast, with no meat, eggs, or other savory type foods the one day; only a very small amount of sausage with meal another). The service at breakfast was wonderful, and the hosts were gracious and accommodating.

The house was very easy walking distance to the Shakespeare Festival theaters, shops, restaurants, and a co op market with great sandwiches.

Stayed June 2012
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We spent 4 nights at this delightful bed and breakfast while taking in some theatre in Ashland. What a great place to stay. The rooms had super comfortable beds and the bathrooms were modern and well appointed. The proprietor and her staff were very friendly and had many helpful hints on getting the most out of our visit. The breakfast they put on in the morning was first class and a great way to start our day in this very pretty little town. The fresh baked cookies they provided during the day were also great.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a group there is a separate house that can be booked that has two large be...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This place was great! Seriously. Location-Great. Room/bathroom-Great. Breakfast-Great. Hospitality-Great. We were in the Metal Room - the bed is super comfy and the bathroom has a huge soaking tub and slate shower. It's huge. The breakfasts are tasty and keep you full for hours. Coffee and tea, scone or muffin then fresh fruit in some form and if that was not filling enough a hot egg dish for the finale. Mary and Brenda do a great job of being around and available whenever needed but otherwise the place is quiet and you have lots of privacy. Don't know what else to add but if you are going to Ashland - you should stay here.

Room Tip: Metal room and the one next to it are great (Fire?). There is a room on the first floor off the dini...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pelton House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!