“great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 135 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Ashland, Oregon, United States
“great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have taken my boys to Omars for years for special occasions. we always enjoy the great food and friendly staff. however I wish they would get better salad fixings. iceberg lettuce is old news and not very nutritious. the steaks are the best and the seafood rocks...

Visited May 2012

Portland, Oregon, United States
“Classy and Intimate... Did I Say Retro?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We checked the reviews for restaurants in Ashland, and had yet to try Omar's. The reviews convinced us, and we're glad we chose them. Service was impeccable. Decor was right out of Mad Men. And, the food was wonderful! I ordered a fisherman's soup that could have been even better having a bit of salmon or crab, but was delightful as it was. A fresh, crisp salad filled our plates, and warm brown bread served well to mop up the last of the delicious tomato-lobster broth. My wife had calimari, and she gave me a taste. Oh, my! I've never had calimari so tender and succulent! We were there celebrating our son's birthday, so to top it all off, they gave him a wonderful hot fudge sundae (with 3 spoons!), and it was marvelous as well. We'll definitely return!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashland, Oregon
“One of our favorite local places”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I love the 50's atmosphere here but most of all I like the local feel and where patrons and servers are often long-time friends. The food is very good and we love to sit at the bar to get the local low-down. Fun place.

Visited December 2012
Ashland, Oregon
“Classic Ashland Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Omar's is the place to go for a good, not fancy meal. Specializing in fresh seafood and deservedly famous for their steaks.
I usually check out the seafood specials and when I'm in the mood, I'll get a pork Porterhouse. Seafood is done right and even the deep fried Calamari is great.
Omars has been in Ashland for a long, long time and the decor shows it. It's a bit of a time warp when you walk in but ignore the old furnishings and try the food. Service is generally great.
In the winter, Mondays and Tuesdays are no corkage nights, so bring your own, although Omars charges way less of a markup than most restaurants.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Crescent City, California, United States
“Great Steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

great steak dinner, good home cooking! The decor was old school dark paneling and red booths...service was excellent!

Visited December 2011