“expecting better” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Medford, Oregon
“expecting better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

had heard great things about this place, were VERY disappointed. food was just OK, margueritas were just OK, service was AWFUL. we won't go back, there are plenty of better restaurants in ashland.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Ashland, Oregon
“Glorified Mexican Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I love Mexican food and eat at Mexican restaurants often. Tabu calls itself a Latin Fusion restaurant, but this just seems to be a way of charging more for the same food. The food was good, but little better than more economical Mexican restaurants we have patronized. The service was fine. There is nothing really wrong with Tabu; the evening was pleasant and the food satisfying. It just isn't anything out of the ordinary.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ashland
“Good, reliable, cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Well priced and interesting wine list. Helpful staff, atmosphere - nice in bar but not very many tables there. Restaurant not as much so.

Visited October 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Unexpected menu and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The decor was latin cozy, the menu a little adventuresome, and the food delicious. We had fish tacos, salad with prawns, and ribs; all very well done with excellent service. It was easy to make our orders healthy or decadent, depending on your preference.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashland, Oregon
“I Love Tabu! Great food and drinks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Tabu has become one of my favorite and is my "go to" restaurant when I want a delicious meal and yummy drinks.

My husband and I frequent Tabu. I am not a big nacho person but I was really having a hankering for nachos on one of our visits. I decided to try the nachos with the jumbo prawns. I have to say there were amazing! They are not your traditional nachos. The chips are homemade, the cheese is like a sauce and homemade, and the small is definitely enough for one person. My favorite drink has become the Ginger Gin Lemonade. We now split their house salad and the large nachos. They also have many other delicious and creative meal selections.

The service is excellent and the atmosphere is cozy. I highly recommend Tabu!

• Visited September 2012