“"Amused" !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 125 restaurants in Ashland
Cross street: North Main
Grants Pass, Oregon
“"Amused" !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We have dined several times at this very fine restaurant and have NEVER been disappointed. The menus are exquisite. Rather than provide a long-winded review, lets cut to the chase. As an example of the unusual items that you might find on the list of fare, we enjoyed, for desert, "Warm Guinness Stout Cake" ($9) served with butterscotch and malted ice cream. Tasted much like a spice cake or ginger cake, but not as sweet - Excellent. Main courses included charcoal grilled sturgeon ($28), seared scallops ($28), Painted Hills ribeye steak ($34), truffle roasted game hen ($28). There are also choices in the "First Course" category, such as roasted cauliflower, Hamachi, baby beets, charcoal grilled white prawns, etc. Prices in this category ranged from $10-$16.

The restaurant is located in a storefront building with limited seating. It is quaint but reservations are suggested, especially during the tourist season

Less I forget, the service was excellent. The chef was most accommodating in dealing with my lady's food allergies.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Ashland, Oregon
“I Don't Get It...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I don't understand the variance in the reviews of Amuse. Some people love it; other, not so much. Like anything else, restaurants have good and bad days. However, after giving Amuse three tries, I doubt we'll go for a fourth. For example, I ordered the pork chop. It was the toughest piece of meat I've had (other than the central highlands of Vietnam). The waiter behaved as though I had personally insulted him.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ashland, Oregon
“Excellent Food/Service/Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Dined at Amuse for my wife's special birthday and I couldn't have made a better choice. It truly was special --- my wife started with celery root soup and I with a salad -- both delicious. My ribeye steak was so tender, I could cut it with a fork and my wife loved her Columbia river sturgeon. We topped it off with a wonderful chocolate cake with a scoop of coffee ice cream. Service was attentive and precise. Highly recommend Amuse.

Visited December 2013
Fortuna, California
“Unimpressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Overpriced, limited cocktails & menu items and pompous service. Shortbreads were very tasting but sturgeon not so much.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
portland, oregon
“Favorite Ashland restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We just had another amazing dinner at Amuse. My dinner and that of the 3 other diners was delicious and the service was just right. We were pleased to find a wine recently recommended by the New York Times and were impressed with the wine list. We had grouper, steak and the vegetarian pasta of the evening plus kale salad, a shrimp first course and two marvelous desserts.We will definitely be back!

• Visited December 2013