“wonderful place for families” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #93 of 134 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Dessert, Vegan, Vegetarian, Pizza & Pasta
Ashland, Oregon
“wonderful place for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Though we (father, mother, three year old) live fairly near Mystic Pizza, it took us awhile to finally pay the restaurant a visit. When we finally ate there, what a nice surprise! They make all their food, even the sodas, basically from scratch, and they are clearly trained and excellent chefs. They also have big tables and a wide variety of games for kids to play, so it's a very family friendly space. The family that operates the restaurant has always been exceptionally nice, and we have always had a relaxing, great time there. If you prefer coke to homemade soda you may not like Mystic Treats, but we love it. And if you go, ask about the cake balls - a variety of small cakes dipped in chocolate.

Visited January 2014

Wolf Creek, Oregon
“A tasty adventure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was first introduced to Mystic Treats when they were a small vegetarian cafe and bakery in Talent, Oregon. I was happy to find them again in their new and beautiful restaurant in Ashland, Oregon. The restaurant is an easy stop for I-5 travelers who want a wholesome and vegetarian meal. Sitting in the boldly painted dining room is a feast for the eyes. I think the menu now offers some fish and meat choices but my mom and I chose to stay with the organic vegetarian special of the day. The Corn Chowder was served with a dense cornbread which we cut up and put in our soup. We also ordered the "Sweet and Sour" pizza slice of the day. I've never had pizza with this combination of toppings before, sun dried pesto, banana peppers, marinated red onion, pineapple, provolone, mozzarella, basil infused oil and Parmesan crust. The soup and the pizza were both good and tasty. The soup and cornbread were filling enough for my mother. I took her large pizza slice home and it filled me up for supper. The thing I love the most about the food is that it is all organic, non-GMO, and made from scratch with such tasty, adventuresome flavor combinations.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ashland, Oregon
“Should be mystery tricks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I went here on Christmas Eve because every other pizza place in Ashland was either packed or closed and my husband loves pizza. (He used to say he had never met a pizza he wouldn't eat.) We had been a bit leery of trying this place, even though it is less than a mile from our home, because we never saw any customers there. First we waited several minutes for the waiter to come out of the back and seat us. Then we waited for him to finally come out and take our order. There were only three other tables with people and all were already served. We ordered chili fries to start and I got the Chicago 'dog' while he had a slice of pizza. The chili fries arrived quickly but were inedible because the fries were burnt on the outside and raw in the middle and the chili was cold and tasted like tofu in tomato sauce with no seasoning. We were disappointed but willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. My Chicago dog was on a hoagie roll with a ton of brown mustard and a pittance of 'saurkraut', the only edible part was the hoagie roll. The 'saurkraut' tasted like cabbage soaked in water, the dog was as big around as my finger, burned black on the outside and the consistency of mush on the inside. My husbands pizza was like cardboard soaked in oil with some kind of mystery substance they referred to as cheese on top of it. We never received our drink order. We got up and went to the register to pay without eating. When I complained about the food being inedible the waiter said to me "Well, you know it is Vegan." Like that was why it tasted that way. We are vegetarian and I have eaten completely vegan food numerous times and never had anything that tasted this bad. The only plus side to the evening was that he decided not to charge us for the food we didn't eat. I will never go to Mystic Treats again and I have told everyone I know about the horrid experience we had.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Decatur
“What a fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Mystic Treats is Ashland's best kept secret and should not be missed.

Whether you are visiting Ashland or just passing through, go to Mystic Treats (it's not far from a Hgwy 5 exit). They have all the toppings etc for a great pie, plus if you want, they can make it all vegetarian/soy 'meats', gluten free, etc as well.
The service was top notch, the beers were, I believe, local, and the food was hot and delicious.

If your expecting a thin NYC crust, (that's a very special terrific breed unto itself!), let go of that assumption.
This is the West Coast and the joy of trying new flavors and crusts was incredible.

Mahalo!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“I liked it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My son and I stumbled in as he was hungry for pizza. This place is really trying and I believe it deserves a chance. The wild mushroom soup was tasty! The salad was delicious (all season). I liked the pizza. So far we only tried the cheese. The crust was oily but tasted great!! There were local musicians playing jazz. They are aiming for a mostly vegetarian restaurant, with great salad choices, sweet potatoe fries. It had a great vibe. It was a empty and is new to Ashland so I am going again!