“Wonderful food, warm atmosphere, friendly staff & extensive wine list” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peerless Restaurant & Bar

Peerless Restaurant & Bar
265 4th St, Ashland, OR 97520-2043
541 488 6067
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Peerless Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 130 restaurants in Ashland
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between "A" & "B" Street
Description: The Peerless is a lively sophisticated neighborhood restaurant and wine/cocktail bar located next to the historic Peerless Hotel and in the heart of Ashland’s Railroad & Gallery District. The Peerless can be experience can be enjoyed in our stylish dining room, friendly & intimate bar or alfresco in our enchanting gardens. Our dinner menu features an array of small plates, as well as steaks, chops and seafood that capture the favors of the seasons and essence of the Pacific Northwest. The extensive wine list showcases the best of Southern Oregon, Willamette Valley, Washington and California as well as selections from classic old world wine regions. The Peerless approach to dining offers you a wonderful opportunity to celebrate fine wines, delectable food and good conversation in a warm and relaxing atmosphere.
Brookings, Oregon
“Wonderful food, warm atmosphere, friendly staff & extensive wine list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was my first visit to Peerless Restaurant and it was one of the best in all my fine dining experiences. The staff is professional, yet warm, friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. The atmosphere is lovely. Each plate is photo perfect in its artistic presentation and the portions are perfect. My two friends had filet mignon and I had the special, Chilean Sea Bass, which was awesome. The steaks were substantial and cooked as ordered. The wine list is extensive with an impressive variety. The evening was spent with my two best friends visiting from out of state and we couldn't have been more pleased with the choice.

• Visited March 2013

76% Recommend
Medford, Oregon
“Surprisingly not as i expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my first visit to this restaurant and i've read so many reviews that i was so excited to go there. I realized the plates are small so you order more if you want more but that gets expensive. I was there by invitation of friends so of course wanted to be conservative of what i picked. The menu was very limited and i found it very hard to find something. I usually will have fish but the special that night was Sea Bass for $40.00. I've eaten at some very fine eateries and never have i found Sea Bass for $40.00.

My food was good, my husband was disappointedl. My wine was excellent. The service was good. Our table was good and i had good company to visit with.

I am looking forward to trying several restaurants in Ashland, not sure i'll try this one again. Maybe in the summer when i can see the outdoor garden many spoke of in prior reviews.

This might have been better with a group of friends who wanted to order maybe a salad and several small plates to share.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Peerlesson4th, General Manager at Peerless Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Than you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your meal, but I am very sorry that your husbands meal did not live up to his expectations. Regarding the cost of the Sea Bass, we do realize that it is a "special occasion" dish. When our chef creates a special entree using Chilean Sea Bass (accompanied with Tiger prawns), it does require a rather high entree price to cover the high food cost. We strive to offer entrees in a wide range of price-points to appeal to all of our guests. Again thank you for your feedback and we hope that we will see you again!
“Outstanding dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had a fabulous dinner here with friends on a wintry evening in Ashland. Service was excellent, and we all loved our variety small plates, which we shared tapas-style. Especially tasty were the Danish Pork Ribs, and the Yams with gooey blue cheese melted over the top, served with a cardamon ketchup. Yummy stuff!

Visited January 2013
Gold Hill, Oregon
“Always a Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Peerless is an Ashland institution and a true favorite of locals. Over in the "Railroad District," it's far enough from "The Plaza" that many tourists don't make the trip which makes it perfect for locals entertaining folks from out of town. The food is excellent, the service is professional, the room is warm and inviting in all seasons and the outdoor garden seating is probably the nicest in Ashland. Reservations are mandatory in season.

• Visited August 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Favorite Ashland Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Wonderful Ashland restaurant tucked away in the Historic Railroad District ; an Ashland favorite for visitors and locals alike. I particularly like the "small plates" menu, plenty of perfectly prepared dishes.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Peerless Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Peerless Restaurant & Bar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.