“Good Food in an odd location” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 135 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Thai
Description: We are in the Underground marketplace in Ashland at the corner of Third and Main St.
California
“Good Food in an odd location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

After reading the first 2 reviews on Trip Advisor about Anya's Thai Bistro, thought it would be nice to try it for dinner before the theater the other evening.

It's location surprised us, it's seems like an unfinished basement. There are empty spaces for rent in the "dining" area. Atmosphere is a zero, maybe a negative 2. But I must share with all of you that the food is really good. We tried many items, my favorite was the Green Curry, others in our group enjoyed the Thai Tea. Everything was yummy. Service was OK, we had to request dinner plates, then they didn't bring enough for everyone. No chopsticks were offered.

I would like to share this info with the restaurant:

1. Please don't have your family/friends write bogus reviews. That upset me to read 5 stars in the two first reviews for atmosphere. Really?

2. Get some type of partition so diners do not see the empty rental spaces around. There are many screening items out there that would make the dining experience more cozy than eating in an empty basement area.

3. How about some colorful table clothes, butcher paper, anything to cover the metal tables. I am a messy eater and the food falls through the holes in the table to my lap. It would also add some color to the dreary basement.

4. Colorful cushions for the metal chairs.

5. String some cute lights.

Good luck, your food is too good to hide in the basement.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Braintree, Vermont
“Didn't even stay to eat”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I read reviews about this restaurant and thought it sounded really good. The food may be wonderful, but the atmosphere is so bad we didn't even stay to eat. The location is in the lower level of a building and when you walk in you are greeted by no one and the seating is patio furniture stuck in a basement. The floor is cement, the lighting is awful. I hope they are able to spruce this place up or move. If I'm back in Ashland, I might be willing to give it another shot if they have a new location.

Visited September 2012
medford
“Love me some Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Recommended by a friend of mine, and glad she did. Super fresh and healthy fast Thai food that made my wallet happy. Laid back underground market, kinda hard to find unless you know the area. I had the spring rolls which where real tasty with this sweet chili sauce. Then I had the peanut red curry and some soup called tom ka with chicken (coconut milk soup). Both were outstanding. Staff was very helpful with my choices and checked my table often, which was nice cause I burned threw 2 thai ice tea's and like a gallon of water(like it spicy). Will be back and will spread the word.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ashland, Oregon
“Best Thai in Rogue Valley hands down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Only been open 2 weeks and its a locals hot spot. It's hard to find but worth the search. I have already been there 3 times and every time I am treated by Anya and Todd like I have stepped into their home for a meal. Casual and relaxed its really a nice change of pace in Ashland during the busy season. The food...well it speaks for it's self. Simply put the best around, and I have been to every Thai joint in the valley. By the way its also the most affordable. Only downside is that I couldn't get a cold Thai beer with my spicy noodles, but Todd assured me that its on the way. Get their before the secret is out and you have to wait an hour for a table, which i will do with a smile on my face. O and did I mention to the best Thai ice tea and fresh avocado smoothies!

• Visited July 2012