We stayed 2 nights at the Columbia Inn for the Memorial Day weekend. It is a nice B&B with some good features I will list here:
- We stayed in room 5 upstairs (the Columbia Queen room). It has a queen bed and a trundle twin day bed. Very nice viws of Main St and the hills in the background.
--Nice claw foot tub in room, but no shower (showers are down the hall)
- FABULOUS location, right in the center of Main St downtown, easy to walk everywhere
- Very nice staff, helpful and attentive with resturant and activity recommendations
- Comfortable room overall
- Very thin walls, could hear others talking, snoring, etc.
- Showers are down the hall (for many rooms)
- In suite bathroom was very dated- ugly linoleum floor, brown rust stains in the sink and toilet, peeling paint and wallpaper, etc.
- Also Known As:
- Columbia Hotel Ashland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located just one block to Shakespeare theatres. An historic European-style hotel full of warmth and charm. Relax and enjoy our skylit lobby and friendly service. Free wireless internet. Listed on the national register of historic places, The Columbia is Ashland's oldest and longest operating hotel. Guests enjoy the hotel's central location in downtown Ashland. Travelers stepping inside the hotel for the first time are greeted with our warm ambiance, personable hotel staff, plush reading areas, clawfoot tubs, period furnishings and original touches. The hotel is less than two blocks away from Lithia Park, The Plaza, the Oregon Cabaret Theater, unique shops, relaxing spas and over 40 independent restaurants for which Ashland is known. ... more less