“Convenient and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Columbia Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ashland
Columbia Hotel
Save Saved
You added Columbia Hotel to your Saves list
262 1/2 E. Main St., Ashland, OR 97520   |
Ranked #6 of 19 hotels in Ashland
Monmouth, OR
“Convenient and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I always stay the the Columbia when I'm in Ashland. The location and price just can't be beat -- right downtown, 2 blocks from the Oregon Shakespeare Festival campus. This is not a luxury property, but it is clean and comfortable. Don't be afraid of the rooms with shared bath, only rarely have I had to wait more than 15 minutes for a shower.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great, spacious rooms, warm staff. I love the feel if this place and how close it is to everything; especially the open living room feel of the common area where we hang out and read the paper with the other guests, the European style. I stay in the Columbia every year now. Definitely hs won me over.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We happened upon the Columbia by accident when their sister hotel (Palm Cottages) directed us there to book our second night in Ashland (because Palm Cottages was completely booked). The Columbia is extremely well maintained and its historic feel is apparent throughout. Our room was large and comfortable. The common area looked appealing but since we had a very short stay, we really didn't take advantage of it. As mentioned in a number of other reviews, the staff was warm, friendly, and helpful. The only drawback was the lack of a private bathroom. Our room was one of the farthest from the bathrooms, which made our middle of the night excursion(s) a bit more challenging. And one of the best things about this hotel...location, location, location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manhattan, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I loved staying at the Columbia. The best thing about this hotel is the staff, and that it's a historical landmark in Oregon history. I got to know all the staff during my week stay, and I enjoyed talking with all of them. The staff goes far beyond the usual in trying to help patrons. Every time I passed the front desk there was a customer asking for something unusual, and they always did their best to help. Leisl, Westin, Daniel, Jonathan, Kelly, Owen-- they are all polite and gracious no matter what, and fun to talk to also. I suddenly got an infected fingernail and kept bugging them for help, but they were always gracious. They even found me a clinic I could go to in town. I didn't know when I booked that it's the oldest continually-in-service hotel. It's beautifully preserved, and I'm glad they are taking good care of it. There are lovely old photos on the wall where you can see Ashland's history and people from the past. I didn't mind sharing a bathroom because the price was great, and it's such a central location. I was there for July 4th and I only had to step outside the front door to watch the parade. My room didn't have AC, but the fan worked fine. Love the place, love the people, and will return again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Marysville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Columbia Hotel is perfect for travelers who don't mind sharing a bathroom. I stayed in a classic queen with shared bath and it was perfect! I came in very late at night and they made sure the front desk was staffed for my late arrival. Hotel staff were incredibly friendly and made sure my stay was the best! I loved the antique decor in my room and the fresh flowers made me feel right at home. This is one place I will come back to for sure!

Room Tip: Some rooms do have private baths so rest assured that if the shared bathroom is your only hang-up, i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Columbia hotel is a very old hotel in a great downtown location. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go in Ashland. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are neat and clean, small but fine. Bathrooms are shared. They have more men's facilities than women's. No AC in general areas, just in rooms which are listed as having AC.

Room Tip: be sure yours has AC. Might want to pick a larger one like a suite if you don't want a very smal...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Otter Rock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a nice refurbished hotel in an excellent location with reasonable pricing and a cool vibe. We have stayed here twice on our trips to Ashland but it is not perfect by any means. Parking is almost always a hassle with only a few spots near the hotel meaning you often end up searching high up the hill for a location for your car. We are fine with the bath down the hall concept but many hotels that have this feature provide a robe to wear for night time visits which this hotel does not so bring your own. Some of the bathrooms do not have sinks to wash your hands afterwards only a soap dispenser. I am not squeamish just realistic about the habits of others. Although there is a pleasant lobby with chairs and reading material coffee isn't served there until 8:00 so if you are an early riser you will need to go off premises for your jolt of java. Some of the rooms are small so if you want more space be sure to take that into account when making your reservations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Columbia Hotel? Share your experiences!