“our yearly trip to the Shakepeare festival” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Columbia Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ashland
Columbia Hotel
You added Columbia Hotel to your Saves list
262 1/2 E. Main St., Ashland, OR 97520   |
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Albany,Oregon
“our yearly trip to the Shakepeare festival”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

For the last 15 years my sister and I have stayed at the Columbia for our yearly trip to the Shakespeare festival. We love the quaintness and friendly atmoshere. It is centrally located and is within walking distance to the theathers, shopping & restaurants. Once we park the car we don't have to drive anywhere until we leave. The desk staff is knowledgeabe about the area, activities and best places to eat. We find the hotel affordable which is important to us since we stay long enough to see 6 plays.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Arcata, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I love the Columbia Hotel! We stayed there as a family for many years. The last few years, I have come up with a friend. The Columbia is so welcoming, affordable, and the beds are really comfortable. There are fresh flowers in the room, excellent lighting. And there are many types of rooms form which to choose. The staff go out of their way to be helpful. It is sucha treat to be a stone's throw from the theatres. Some of the rooms have private W.C.'s. We choose the rooms without W.C.'s because I have never had to wait for a W.C. down the hall as long as I have been going there. There is a very cozy, inviting sitting room with coffee in the morning and tea all day.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Our room was lovely, although tiny, with period furnishings, handmade soaps, fresh flowers, and an in-room sink. Temperature was uncomfortably hot - too much for the window air conditioner to handle. Separate, lovely rooms down the hall had showers and tubs, all kept spotlessly clean. Staff was very welcoming, helpful, and personable. Coffee/tea throughout the day, a comfy lobby for reading and relaxing to music, and (limited!) central fridge space were nice touches. We would definitely return!

Room Tip: Specify your desired distance from the lobby and entry stairwell.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Eureka, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I've been staying at the Columbia for a couple decades now and I always love it. It's relatively inexpensive compared to anywhere else and the location is unbeatable. It's right in the heart of town, a five minute walk to the theatres and restaurants. I stick with the Queen or double beds and common bathroom. I'm a cheapo and have no need to pay extra for private bath but if I was to splurge on that I would still stay at the Columbia as it just has a friendly comfortable feel. Guests who stay there are usually friendly and sociable too and I've had some great conversations in the common room with total strangers.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

The was a lovely European-style hotel to stay at while attending the theater, only a block and a half away. It was nice to come back for a hot cup of tea after the evening performance. I didn't mind the restrooms and shower at the end of the hall while having a small sink in my room. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. On my future visit to Ashland, the Columbia Hotel is where I will be staying.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Half Moon Bay, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Columbia on several occasions. This dated "European" style hotel, has a very nice atmosphere with classical music in the front lounge area and no TV's or phones in rooms that makes one feel that they are away on a real break from every day living. For years the price of the Columbia has been lower than the rest of Ashland, so putting up with some inconviences, like having to walk down the hall to a shared bathroom was OK. The last couple of visits we have chosen to pay more to have one of the few rooms that has it's own private bath. I am sorry to say we will not be staying at the Columbia again, since our room was over $214.00 per night, which we felt was pretty high even for Ashland.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

This place is perfect is you are going to the theater, like old-fashioned fixtures and artwork, and are happy to forgo a television and in-room bathroom. It is very much like a European B&B (minus the second B)--cozy, nice furnishings, and a comfortable retreat after a long day.

The staff were all friendly and professional. Despite the central location, the hotel was generally very quiet, helping me to get a good night's sleep the entire time I was there. I had a delightful time here, and am almost hesitant to give a rave review, because I want to keep it my little secret!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Columbia Hotel? Share your experiences!