“I'd stay there again.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Palm

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ashland
The Palm
You added The Palm to your Saves list
1065 Siskiyou Boulevard, Ashland, OR 97520   |
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Corvallis
“I'd stay there again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Let's see on the down side, might be that the room was small, but then it was big enough for one and that's all there was. There was no coffee pot, but there was coffee and tea in the office.

It's a charming place. The staff was very nice, very helpful. The bed was comfortable. There was plenty of hot water in the shower. It was clean. Nice plantings outside. You can tell what my requirements are. It's within walking distance of Southern Oregon U.

They had a heat pump so room was a perfect temperature that I could control.

I did cancel one of my days (stayed two) and canceled within a week of arrival, hoping that was enough. It wasn't. I was charged $25. Ah well.

I'd still stay there again, but would make sure of my plans before I reserved.

Room Tip: I was in room 0. It's the closest to the office and I could hear some moving around from there a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
San Francisco, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I've never stayed at the Palm Cottages in Ashland, Oregon. And after dealing with their customer service people over the phone, I am glad I never did!

This place has a very very strict reservation change and cancellation policy, etc. I had to change my reservation twice in advance, and I was charged $50 dollars. I finally had to cancel a week before my stay, I was told that they were keeping my $119.00 (first nights’ stay deposit)...WOW! What hotel does that?

They essentially made money off change my reservation and my overall cancellation, WOW! They made about $169.00 off of me, and I never even got a credit for a future stay. Not to mention, I spoke with both Kat and David, who were both very nasty toward me when I brought this up.

I will never stay at this place because I do not feel that they have good business ethics or policies. What kind of Hotel keeps your deposit after you cancel a week before your stay and charges for changing your reservation?

Beware!!! If you stay at the Palm Cottages and if you change or cancel you reservations, you will pay the price!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
inventure, General Manager at The Palm, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank for the opportunity to respond. When guests reserve with us, they do agree to give us a certain amount of notice if they wish to cancel and receive a refund of their deposit. Unfortunately, the hotel did not receive notice in time to return your deposit to you. As for the $50 that you say you were charged, those charges were never made. You did forfeit your deposit though, and we know how frustrating it is to incur a cancellation fee. We apologize for that, but that is the agreement we made with you to hold that room in your name and turn away other guests who were interested in the nights you reserved. It is likely that the hotel still lost money attempting to rebook the multiple nights that you cancelled, given that we only charged you for one of them. Again, thank you for expressing your concerns.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We travel to Ashland once a year for the Shakespeare plays and have stayed in various inns. We particularly enjoyed the Palms Cottages this year. We walked to the day time plays ( 15 minutes) and drove to the plays at night. The Morning Glory cafe was next door for breakfast or we had a microwave for fixing a lite meal. The hotel is well equipped with wonderful coffee and the office was very helpful with any requests. There are a variety of rooms available. The two bedroom unit was wonderful for the three of us, and the outdoor pool and cabanas were fun for game playing or swimming. We all agreed this is our new inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We wanted something a bit different and special for our last night in the USA and the Palm Cottages certainly lived up to our expectation. Although the room was small there were some lovely cozy touches that made it feel more like ones own bedroom rather than a motel. The grounds are stunning with some lovely garden chairs in which to relax. The pool area is amazing and you are made to feel most welcome from the moment you arrive. There is great attention to detail with regard to every aspect of this motel.

It is on the pricey side but after two weeks of all types of accommodation we were happy to pay that little bit extra.

The motel is easy to find and within walking distance of both the Morning Glory Cafe for breakfast and Omar's Restaurant for an evening meal. Both eateries offer the extra touches that we were looking for at the end of our holiday.

We wouldn't hesitate in staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you are looking for an aesthetically pleasing place to stay...a 15-20 minute walk to downtown and the Shakespeare Festival venues, then this is a great choice. Plus it is within a block of the best breakfast venue in town, the Morning Glory cafe. There are a variety of room types here and they are all full of amenities. The nicely landscaped grounds are a plus, and the service from every staff person is friendly and helpful. We have stayed here several times and look forward to the next.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Gatos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Great quiet room and sitting area, nicely sited, very private, very nicely appointed & done. No food service. Parking out the door. About a mile's walk down to the theatres, but we cab'd back late on a cold night. Clearly an "original motel" but have completely revamped landscaping and quarters. Don't be confused by the '50s road sign! We'd go back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Flowers in the room, a sitting area outside our door, a heated saline pool with towels and cabanas, basket of toiletries, a good mattress, coffee and tea in the lobby. We loved it here. It was clean, attractive, quiet, and the staff was pleasant and friendly. The price could not be beat. We stayed someone else the last time we came through Ashland, and didn't have a good experience. I have nothing to say but positives about the Palm Cottages. Absolutely we will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Palm? Share your experiences!