“Love, Love, Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Northern California
“Love, Love, Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

A friend told me about this wonderful "Spacation" so I surprised my husband with a weekend in Oregon. He drove but did not know the destination until we turned off of I-5. What fun! We ate at Omar's the first night and enjoyed 2 nights at the Plaza with a couples massage and bath at the Blue Giraffe Spa. It is literally across the sidewalk from the Plaza. Dinner was Saturday night and very enjoyable. We walked to LiquidAssets which was included in the weekend. We added one more night for a lovely quick and romantic getaway from our California life. HIGHLY recommend it!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
dparney24
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

I just want to say, that Shannon Johnson is the most professional, accommodating General Manager I have had the pleasure to encounter during my travels.

I initially spoke with Shannon due to a minor mix-up that happened to coincide with a sour mood. Admittedly, I was overly angry and demanded to speak with the GM whom I had every intention of berating.
Shannon was a master of diffusing my anger; she validated my complaint and immediately rectified the problem. She went above and beyond in ensuring that I was satisfied with the resolution and she and her outstanding staff continued to do so for the duration of my stay.
I believe that oftentimes people have a tendency to reflect and report the negative instead of complimenting the positive. Kudos to you Shannon Johnson and your staff, your exemplary customer service is greatly appreciated!
We will be back!

The Devine's

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

We stayed at the Plaza inn for one night and were really pleased with our room. We were in the "dog building" which consists of 7 rooms on each floor. There is NO elevator and the stairs are very steep. Dragging our suitcases up and down the stairs by ourselves was a real chore. The building is secured with the same room key. We had a front corner room and could hear the front door click each time someone entered and culd also hear the sound of footsteps on the stairs . Fortunately for us, we stayed on a Monday night when all of the theater production companies are off so the hotel was very quiet. Perhaps when the hotel is full, it could be quite noisey when people return from the theater in the evenings because each room door also has a loud click. But late at night, the hotel is extremely quiet. Our room was so tastefully decorated and the bed was the most comfortable of our entire 18 night road trip. The town has such lovely old Victorian style homes--a great walking down. The hotel is quite near the theater complex so would make a great choice if you are in town to see plays. We were grateful that they accepted pets and had a grass area quite close to the building door. The breakfast room is pleasant but the meal itself was only mediocre.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Battle Ground, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

The rooms are small and clean, the service is barely there. The location is great for attending OSF theaters. The late night cookies are edible and sometimes warm. The guests are pretty much to themselves with many lacking basic social graces. The elevator is a problem as it is used by staff during the day and it is slow. If you can, use the stairs, and keep your key card out because you need it to get back in to the room corridors. Also, make sure your keys work, one of ours did not. Don't ever get there before check-in time, 4PM. They will make you cool your heals before they will let you into your room. They did this for use once when we were thirty minutes early and thye did it when we were much earlier. We now make sure never to arrive before 4PM. We have avoided their free breakfasts for several years.

Finally, if you ever forget something (I have done it twice), you will learn that they will get it back to you through a service called PakMail. Each occasion cost me more than $22 - once was an Apple power supply and the other was a library book (I asked that it be sent book rate by US mail.). Both were sent by UPS.

So now, after writing this, why do we stay there? Time to move on. It was the best in town once many years back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

I love this place. We have a dog so we stay in the guest cottages off the creek. The decor is beautiful and the room has an interesting layout. It's an easy walk to Lithia Park and restaurants. I feel as if I'm in a very expensive boutique hotel.

My parents also stay here exclusively on their way to Portland from California.

The only bad thing: a winter storm once stranded us on the other side of the mountains in Redding. I'd already paid for the room at Plaza Inn and they wouldn't refund my money, giving me a credit instead. I ended up giving the credit to my parents, so that storm cost me a pretty penny.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
ocean springs, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Booked this room at Expedia for 135. This hotel is walking distance to Main Street and Lithia Park. The bed was soooo comfortable and something I've never seen before... there is a "Pillow Menu" on the bed; a variety of pillows to choose from. The feather pillow has always been my favorite. We had two double beds for two adults. If there were more than two staying in the room, it may be a little snug. The rooms aren't that big. After the play, we got back to the hotel at 10:30 and had cookies with cold milk. In the morning the free breakfast exceeded our expectations. The breakfast room is big w/ plenty of tables. Waffle maker, cheese omlete, warm biscuits, fresh fruit,etc. This is a wonderful place to stay and would overnight here again in heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Sonoma County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

This hotel is located very close to the center of town (a very easy walk) and at $99/night was a great deal for us last week when we popped into town for two nights. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the room was very clean and reasonably sized. The American-style continental breakfast was better than most in that muffins/rolls were fresher, lots of seating, and there were two waffle makers and cheese omelets (already made, but still tasty). It still made me miss the spreads we've had in Germany. My primary recommendation to anyone staying there would be to request a room on the third floor (assuming the rate is the same). Hearing the people walking upstairs was my primary complaint for the hotel. Having the fan running in the HVAC unit helped muffle things a bit, but we could still hear the folks upstairs 7:00 am they when decided to get rolling for the day. All in all, still a good find and we would go back.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Plaza Inn & Suites at Ashland Creek? Share your experiences!