“Wonderful Restored Period Hotel in a Wonderful Town” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Huntsville, Alabama
“Wonderful Restored Period Hotel in a Wonderful Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Ashland, Oregon is wonderful and this is the best place to stay to explore all the downtown, unique small shops, great restaurants, world-class theaters and enjoyable parks. All within walking distance. The hotel's restaurant is one of the best.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great place to stay. My only gripe is that the mattress was worn out. It was like sleeping in a soft saucer. Went to another hotel after two days and was much better. I hope to hear that they update the mattresses so that I can stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The location of this Hotel is awesome, you get to walk to everything. The front desk was courteous, and the concierge even had treats for our dog. We appreciated the discount coupon for the restaurant next door - it was a delicious place for lunch.
We stayed at the Ashland Springs Hotel because of a special event held there, so we were able to explore all over the place. The room was comfortable, and continental breakfast good.

Room Tip: Third floor has direct access to the parking lot. Good if you take your dog.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Chapter 1

I just got royally shafted!!! I booked on the hotel website, only to find out that it takes you to Hotels.com. Not apparent until too late. Room listed was "best available rate" however come to find out there were several lower rates available. Irritating for sure. When I asked desk if they could do anything, of course "it is out of our hands". I asked if the hotel could comp me something so that I wouldn't feel so ripped off. "We can't do that, you are Hotels.com" says they, "I am not asking hotels.com to comp me, I am asking you to throw me something, says I". Got 10% of lunch. Plan to make Bring all my friends to make sure 10% equals the difference. Haven't decided about the tip.

Chapter 2

Pulled up website again, just to figure out what went wrong. I managed to get off of the brokered sites and to the hotel inventory. Guess What. I am paying 43% more than THE BEST AVAILABLE RATE. Now I am furious. The room isn't big enough to turn around in let alone storm angerly up and down so I am taking it to the internet. I am a very well traveled person, both domestically and internationally so I am really P. O. at getting snookered in Ashland, Oregon
Shame on me for not being more careful, shame on the hotel for such horrible customer relations.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
AshlandRep, Director of Sales at Ashland Springs Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Good afternoon I v,
Thank you for taking time to write this review. I understand your frustration and this is a great warning for all the travelers out there who use Internet to make their reservations: always making sure we go to the hotel/inn website, instead of the third party site.

We have had many issues with Hotels.com pretending (or hiding from the customers) the fact that they did not contact Ashland Springs Hotel directly. We have contacted them several times and they claim it is up to the customer to know what site they land on. Unbelievable!!

Your comment "I booked on the hotel website, only to find out that it takes you to Hotels.com" is incorrect. When you go to Ashland Springs Hotel website and click on RESERVATIONS button, it takes you to CoHo Res, which is our booking engine.

Hotels.com pre-charges for a reservation made on their website and thus we cannot refund or change it, however if you choose to stay with us in the future, we would be more than happy to offer you a complimentary upgrade. Please do not hesitate to contact our Sales Department.
Respectfully, Karolina Wyszynska, Director of Sales & Marketing
Albany, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I had read reviews about the Ashland Springs Hotel. One woman said that the beds were too high for her to get into, although we never had a problem. Others said that the rooms were so small that it made them claustrophobic. It's an old hotel, and like most old places, the rooms were small. Really, it was a little tight, but not too bad. We had a corner room overlooking Ashland, on the ninth floor. Fantastic! The bed was comfortable, and there was a frosted window in the bath/shower. The bathroom was roomy, and the whole place was tastefully decorated. The lobby was beautiful, the clerk friendly and helpful and the parking lot (entrance limited to hotel card key-carrying guests) was large and convenient. It helped a lot that a really good restaurant was part of the hotel. That would be Larks, where we had dinner and then breakfast (breakfast, a buffet, was included). Did I mention that the hotel is right in the middle of downtown Ashland, perfect for shopping, eating, visiting the park or seeing a play? I'm really glad that we decided to try a different hotel this time, and the price made it an excellent value.

Room Tip: Get a corner room as high up as possible.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester,MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were in Ashland for the Shakespeare productions and the Ashland Springs Hotel is quite convenient. The atmosphere maintains the historic character of the place and the staff could not have treated us better. They were very professional and courteous. The rooms are luxuriously outfitted,much like quality European hotels, and impeccably maintained. The breakfast was superb, good selection and everything fresh. We were on an upper floor and had great views of the area,whic was beautiful in October. Ashland has much more to offer beyond the theatre, with fine galleries and cultural events at the university. We definitely will stay again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on upper floors have great views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stay at the Ashland Springs Hotel when we visit the Theater in this charming City. Often, the hotel is full, so book far ahead. The corner rooms are ideal, we usually prefer a room with twin beds. The rooms, and bathrooms are small, but nicely appointed and relaxing. The proximity to the Theater area, shopping and restaurants, is excellent. The restaurant downstairs is very nice for every meal, including the complimentary continental breakfast for hotel guests. We like the lobby, a great place to sit and people watch. The wine hour is especially nice, where we often visit with the most interesting people from the West Coast and beyond. This is a well run establishment, and a beautiful property.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are ideal.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ashland Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!