“Nice and charming. Clearly a historic place so don't expect all the modern amenities” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ashland Springs Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ashland Springs Hotel to your Saves list
Hotels.com Expedia.com
Ashland Springs Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   212 East Main Street, Ashland, OR 97520   |
Ranked #7 of 19 hotels in Ashland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012 via mobile

Nice place. The rooms are small-son have a tonne of storage to put things away.

The hotel is drafty and chilly

Everything else is lovely. Especially the breakfast

• Stayed February 2012

377 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Ashland Springs Hotel in December 2011. It's the best place to stay in Ashland/southern Oregon!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Rohnert Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

My daughter and I were traveling from Portland Oregon to Rohnert Park, CA. This was a half way stop for us so we stayed over for 1 night. Our room was quaint and cozy with 2 very comfortable double beds. Free parking in a secure lot, free continental breakfast and Hotel is right in the middle of Town. We walked everywhere and are planning to go again this Summer.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Newport Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

The tiny town of Ashland OR. is very eclectic and friendly. While recently visiting for the week, I was made quickly aware that most of the Inn's in town, were fairly 'ordinary' save for a couple of the charming B & B's about the Main St. (If) you, like my self, are seeking a more 'top-flight' experience akin to a 'Four Seasons', 'Ritz C'. or etc. this place will likely appeal to you far more, than any other offerings available - but without their high-ticket prices! The front Lobby is beautiful and open-air from the 2nd floor, looking down. Lovely chandeliers and palms, grace the marbled entrance; just quieting overall, and a pleasure to look at. My room was on the 4th floor looking out at the mountains and main village - I was able to view a stunning snow-fall over the town, from my corner window late one evening - an (unexpected) perk to the room!! Guests are provided an elegant Buffet Continental-Brkfst. in the mornings - for the price of your room. Complete w/ steel-cut oatmeal, mini muffins, coffee, and etc, Expectedly, china and silverware are provided! Presentation '4-star' all the way. Mattress in my suite was very comfortable and Japanese deep-soak tub in bathroom, was to die for - almost deep enough to be a 'Watsu' pool - highly theraputic, for those w/ issues. One and (only) one shortcoming I encountered during my stay, was the over-eager recipe 'experiments' served up in their house resturaunt, 'Lark's". I ordered something called a 'Pulled-Pork' sloppy-joe sandwich, and it WAS dreadfully sloppy!! Inventive, by adding cole-slaw and melted cheese, but revolting looking when all that wetness, was 'slopped' together - looked like someone threw up on the plate! Also, coffee was served up mild-to-lukewarm, another unexpected no-no from such a top-notch establishment. I would recommend staying away from the resturaunt altogether as they lean a tad too far into 'creative cuisine' efforts and sadly, miss the mark. Besides, there are numerous places to eat, all up and down Main St. All in all the prices, the accommodations, the free parking, make this the ONLY well-heeled place to stay, when visiting Ashland.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Had a wonderful experience here - great hotel, friendly staff, and terrific dinner at Larks. Will for sure be back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Samara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We were only staying one evening, but it was wonderful. The location of this hotel made it ideal to walk around Ashland's downtown to enjoy the restaurants, shopping, theater and Lithia Park. The rooms are very comfortable and the hotel staff friendly and attentive.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My husband and I booked a Groupon special with this hotel several months ago and were waiting for the perfect time to treat ourselves with it. We decided upon the second week in January, and we couldn't have picked a better time. Ashland was just wrapping up its Christmas festivities, but it was quiet enough that we felt like we had the town to ourselves. It was also the first snow of the year and we got to look out over main street from our king corner suite window and our comfy, plush bed!

I loved all of the Victorian accents and furnishings in our room. Yes, it was small; however, I thought it was very, very cozy and felt like I was staying in my favorite aunt's guest room. We had champagne and truffles waiting for us upon arrival, and ordered chocolate lava cake from Lark's for dessert as we watched the snow and TV from our big windows. The staff here are also fabulous. Every single server and front desk attendant that we encountered was beyond friendly and helpful. They made us feel very, very welcome!

We ate at Lark's on the second night of our trip and had an equally amazing time there as well. I highly recommend the wine flight-- you get a substantial amount of wine in the tastings for much less than it would cost for two glasses of wine! I also recommend the apple crisp-- it was AMAZING. Our Groupon package also gave us an hour soak in the Japanese Ofuri tub at the Waterstone Spa that hotel owns, so we had a very relaxing Sunday waking up in the sauna, tub and steam room. Oh and complimentary continental breakfast was a major perk! (I just didn't care for the coffee-- thankfully Starbucks is literally just around the corner!).

I will ABSOLUTELY be back-- I just hope they offer another Groupon package like this because it was unbeatable. Literally one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had-- and we've been all over the world. Thank you Ashland Springs Hotel!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner king room on the 5th floor-- best views!