“The Jacuzzi Suite & Kitchenette” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Sacramento
“The Jacuzzi Suite & Kitchenette”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

If you've been to a Holiday Inn Express, you usually know what to expect. This was my husband's 3-night business trip but me and my 4yr old were able to go along for the ride. Being a priority member definitely had its perks this time around. We were upgraded to a Jacuzzi Suite. To my surprise, it had a nice jacuzzi and kitchenette. (see pictures)

Room was very clean. There was a minor problem discovered in the room but staff was quick to resolve it. So minor, I don't even think its worth mentioning. The kitchenette included microwave, stove, dishwasher, sink, refrigerator, dishes and utensils. If I had known about the kitchenette, I would have attempted to cook. But since this was our first time in Ashland, I had to also check out the town and its restaurants. No cooking for me.

Since we drove to Ashland from Sacramento, the jacuzzi came in handy. It was very relaxing. The bed was clean and very comfortable. Room was spacious enough to keep my 4yr old happy with toys every where. Although we were on the first floor and close to the freeway, I could barely hear the traffic.

I enjoyed this experience at HI Express in Ashland and would definitely return. Especially if I can get the Jacuzzi Suite.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I love these Holiday Inn Express properties and this one is no different. I'm surprised when I read negative reviews because this concept is well done here in Ashland Everything worked as expected from check-in to check out and a whole family rested very well there. For the price, I think they do a nice job. Rooms are super comfortable, clean and perfectly appointed for short stay situation (i.e. overnight then hit the road). The breakfast in the morning is ok as well but don't have high expectations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I arrived late. I wasn't able to book the room on the mobile website. I am not sure why it wasn't working that evening. There wasn't any snow. I just wanted to get to bed. The beds were comfortable and clean. Pleasant staff. Free WIFI. Standard breakfast. It was a comfortable stay. However, I wasn't terribly impressed with this location.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ashland, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear crystal w,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry you did not like our location.

We are pleased our friendly staff was able to offset this displeasure with great service. We appreciate you calling out our clean and comfortable accommodations.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
IHGCare
Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel two or three times in the past and had a positive experience. However, in summer of 2012 things seemed to take a major wrong turn.
I was seven months pregnant when we arrived on a 98 degree day in July. I had booked the large suite with the jacuzzi tub. We were traveling with our 2 year old, and this would give him a separate sleeping space. Also, I thought a nice bath would be great for me and my sore feet! Our room was about 110 degrees or more when we checked in. We turned on the air conditioner and it felt like someone was just blowing air through a straw, and it wasn't even cold. We told them at the desk that there was a problem with the air, and they said that was how it was "supposed to work." They said give it time. We went into Ashland to sight see and have dinner and hoped for a cool room on our return.
No luck. When we got back the room was still as hot as an oven. I complained to the front desk again and they argued with me! They said it was working just fine. After a really long confrontational conversation, they finally agreed to move us to a different room where they promised the air conditioner would be "the same" and said they would move some other poor person who hadn't checked in yet into that room. The clerk even complained she'd have to clean the room again.
Wouldn't you know it, the new room had an air conditioner that worked and the room was cool within 15 minutes!
In the morning I spoke with the manager. I said I was displeased with the way the staff had argued with me. He assured me we would be refunded the difference between the more expensive room and also he would give us an additional discount for our trouble. However, when my bill came there was no such discount.
I attempted to call the hotel, and only reached a weird answering machine. I also tried to get my credit card to reverse the charges, and I contacted the corporate headquarters. Needless to say, although we go through Ashland frequently, I will NEVER stay at this hotel again and I would NOT recommend anyone else going there either. I also learned an important lesson. If the manager promises a discount, get a receipt!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ashland, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Onalaska,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Ashland.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Surprised at the low cost - expected higher when we popped in after fighting our way over the snowy Siskyous. Very quiet, and a wonderful breakfast - the pancake maker is most cool. No problems with check in, the charming young lady behind the counter was efficient and pleasant. Easy access to the freeway. We will stay there again for sure...

Room Tip: Rooms in the back may be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
castor valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was very surprised and happy with this hotel. Its been a long time since I been to a Holiday Inn Express. I had a bad experince in LA a few years ago anyway, this hotel was very clean and comfortable and the staff was wonderful . I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are very good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Redding, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have had good experiences, over the years, with Holiday Inn. When traveling I usually will stay at a Holiday Inn because they are consistant. The Holiday Inn in Ashland was in a convenient location near an conference being held at the university. As I always do I signed up for the government rate, being a government employee, and brought a pay stub and my union card for verification. As I checked in the clerk informed me that I would not get the government rate because I did not have a "government identification" that included a "tax i.d. number". In my twenty-five years as a government employee I have never been asked for such an i.d... I showed the clerk my pay stub, union card, driver's license, and credit card but she insisted I did not qualify. She then asked if I was a AAA member, which I am, and said she would give me the AAA rate, which she did. I was pretty upset at the clerk and felt she knew she had me backed into a corner. Knowing I had no other option I accepted and paid for the AAA rate and then realized, after the clerk's shift had ended, that she had never asked to see my AAA card! So, she made a big deal about my "government employee identification" and yet never asked for proof that I belonged to AAA. That experience tainted my visit and I will not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Ashland? Share your experiences!