“Great food, fantastic service, lovelybatmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 121 Restaurants in Ashland
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
“Great food, fantastic service, lovelybatmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Every item on the menu was appealing, and every dish we ordered was delicious, with really fresh ingredients. I can't eat dairy and the chef went to great pains to prepare each dish for us.

Visited December 2012

Fresno, California
“You're kidding, right?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Let me begin by saying, we have eaten here a few times when in Ashland and the food has always been exceptional. Previously, the restaurant has been practically empty and the service, though relaxed, was adequate.
This time there were more people dining and our entrees were delivered 2 hours and 10 minutes after we were seated. It took over an hour to receive the oysters we ordered. The salads came out 30 min after that, then the entrees another 30 min after that. Though the meals most of us ordered were delicious, two of the steaks were practically inedible (one was comped).
The straw that broke this camel's back came after the bill had been paid and we were all heading out. One of us stayed behind to discuss the experience with the owner/manager and, rather than have a civil discussion, the owner became extremely rude and insulting.
We will not go back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
California
“Dining gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A quiet out-of-the-way gem of a restaurant. The food was inventive and delicious. We come from the San Francisco Bay Area, which has a reputation for good food, and Coquina's food definitely measures up, the best food we had on our whole Oregon trip.

Visited July 2012
Brightwood, Oregon, United States
“Absolutely delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Scallops I ordered were outstanding and the Trifle dessert exquisite. My husband had the Osso Bucco and loved it as well.
The decor could use some warmth and a bit of color, candles & tablecloths, maybe a soft yellow paint and some red accents - all white and very stark and uninviting.

Visited October 2012
“Exquisite Coquina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I rarely have found a restaurant that surpasses my expectations, until I went to Coquina last night. Chef Lynn does justice to my tastebuds and I went away with a smile on may face, a full belly and the lingering assortment of delicious flavors on my lips and tongue. I will make sure that this restaurant is on my list when ever I am within 100 miles of Ashland. Thanks to all for making our evening so enjoyable, memorable and delicious. I'll be back!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Coquina? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Coquina, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.