“Great Meal at Smithfields” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Smithfields Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 133 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: European, English, Steakhouse, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main St
Description: Smithfields Restaurant and Bar located in Ashland, Oregon is a neighborhood steakhouse restaurant and bar which specializes in sustainable nose to tail dining (utilizing the whole animal) and in-house charcuterie.
FEDERAL WAY
“Great Meal at Smithfields”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had a wonderful meal at Smithfields recently. Without reservations, we stopped by and were seated in a two person table near the back. The food was delicious, served quickly and very hot. I didn't give the restaurant a five only because it's a small room, somewhat noisy, and with little privacy. But I would go back in a minute. Try it. You won't regret it. But it may be wise to get a reservation. We expected it to be wide open the day after Christmas. But folks were out in what looked like record numbers.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
St Petersburg
“Truly a culinary experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

From beginning to end our meal was a culinary experience. We were a good sized group and shared tastes of each other's selection. Everything I tasted was wonderful. My main course was the salmon. I would have a hard time not ordering it on a second visit regardless of what was on the menu. We also had the cod with bacon, fabulous.

Visited January 2014
Pacific Northwest
“Service not too great at brunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I had previously been here for dinner a few times and had been pleased with the service and food. Have tried it twice for brunch and been dissatisfied both times. Although the food is good, the service has left a lot to be desired. The kitchen seems to be very slow and the wait staff also has not been very efficient in terms of bringing drinks or refills before the food eventually arrives.

Visited December 2013
Ashland, Oregon
“Brilliant food and you pay for it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Well, the food was great. Had their rabbit pate plate and a steak and a few sides. All of it was excellently prepared and service was good, albeit not extremely fast, so be prepared to wait ... All in all a great place.

Visited December 2013
Ashland, Oregon
“Sunday Dinner - Dry Brisket”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife and I waited a long time to eat here, hearing from many friends that this meat centric place was special. It was a night out with family. The cajun popcorn was fun and was a good ice-breaker for the group. We ordered hors d'oeuvres of charcuterie board and house bacon beignets, both of which were divine. For the main course I ordered the special which was a beef brisket. Having just returned from Austin I still had a hankering for this most southern of dishes. When it arrived I was surprised that rather than the usual medium sliced portions, what was on my plate was rather large slab of brisket. Disappointingly it was tough and quite dry, the exact opposite of my expectations. One other in our party also had the brisket and his experience was the same. What made the experience average however, was that the owner came to our fable after the meal to ask how everything was. When I honestly remarked that the brisket was quite dry, she said "Oh, you just need to put more sauce on it!" Really? Really?? More sauce? Brisket should melt in your mouth because it is so moist and tender. It should need no amount of sauce to give it tender yummy goodness. One of my co-workers has since gone back for the brisket multiple times and claims it is sinfully good, melt in your mouth like butter. Seems I caught the brisket on a bad night. With the pricetag however I'm reluctant to return if it is that inconsistent. Would have appreciated the owner trying the brisket and offering more than "it needs more sauce".

• Visited October 2013