“Glad we found it!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 138 Restaurants in Ashland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, American, Organic
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Welcome to Loft Ashland, a brasserie and bar serving dinner Tuesday through Sunday and brunch every Sunday featuring French-inspired cuisine with a uniquely American accent. From Rogues to Rhones, our list is a well-balanced selection of fine wines from Oregon and beyond with an emphasis on our favorite, French of course! Enjoy dining in our grande brasserie year-round. During the warmer months, dine al fresco, sun or shade, on our idyllic terrace. We support local farmers, ranchers and foragers and are devoted to using organic, free range, chemical free and genetically unaltered products whenever possible. We invite you to join us at Carpe Noctem, our new rooftop bar and lounge featuring artisan cocktails, wine flights, and a little magic if you're lucky! Drop by for drinks in our second floor solarium bar or stop in after the show any night for a late night light bite around our rooftop fire pit lounge above Ashland Creek. We look forward to serving you soon!
Oregon
“Glad we found it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We come to Ashland every year –but somehow had managed to miss this wonderful restaurant. We will now be regulars. Alex’s in the same area of the plaza has been a favorite, but the menu was very ordinary so we looked on and found The Loft. Look down the alley from the Plaza toward Ashland creek. We went for dessert one night and then decided to do dinner the next night on the deck. Many interesting choices for starters, and desserts. Other reviewers didn’t care for the crab mac & cheese- we loved it and it was enough for a second meal! Do save room for the cream puffs or gelato for dessert- divine!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Palo Alto, California
“Nice meal and prompt service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at the Loft the other night. We had a play to get to and the staff did a great job of making sure we made it. The food was very well prepared and plated. I had the Salmon special of the night. It was paired with summer corn risotto and an endive tomato jam. My wife enjoyed the Dungeness crab macaroni gratin. The atmosphere on their patio was lovely and comfortable. We will definitely eat here again whenever we are in town and are in the mood for casual French fare.

Vancouver, Canada
“So good we enjoyed it twice in the same week”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were drawn upstairs by the laughter of the patrons enjoying the second floor patio above the walk way along Ashland Creek. We came back a second time because the food was great and the young staff work as a well oiled machine to address everyone's needs and keep a happy buzz happening. On the first night we were peckish but not ready for a big dinner before the show so we each had the mussels in pesto broth appetizer and a dessert. While the portion of mussels was not large, the delicious basil broth and bread were filling and after the wonderful intensely chocolately gelato mellowed with port (enjoyed with a glass of juicy ruby port) I felt positively round and sated. My partner had the creme brulee and pronounced himself very satisfied. On the second night we ate even better. My partner had the enormous lamb shank which was so tender the flavourful meat fell off the bone. I had the perfectly cooked Oregon salmon which came with a very fresh tasting corn accompaniment as well as little pools of a fabulous traditional long simmered creamy French onion dish. Definitely heaven! And because you can never have too much of a good thing, we finished with dessert again--me with the profiteroles filled with hazelnut ice cream and robed in a good chocolate sauce and my partner with a silky pot de creme. While we enjoyed the patio on both occasions , I think the pretty wood loft room could be quite cozy in less summery temperatures.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great restaurant in a beautiful loft space- elegant upstairs outdoor patio. The entire meal was spot on, the drinks well made, and friendly owner. Only mis-cue was unhelpful and condescending waitress who walked away while attempting to order wine, then got mad when I asked another server for the wine. Totally unfriendly and a discredit to an otherwise fantastic restaurant!

Visited August 2013
United States
“Cozy Rooftop Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We walked up the stairs to find a restaurant on the second floor. The hostess' welcome and dim lighting warmed up the room. We chose the quaint rooftop to have our dinner. There were a dozen people there, but it was not at all crowded, and felt cozy. My seafood soup was delicious and I enjoyed my non-alcoholic spritzer. Our desserts were scrumptious: tiramisu and butterscotch creme. We enjoyed the atmosphere so much, we were the last ones to leave the restaurant. Our waiter was exceptionally patient and kind. No rushed service. I'd go back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Loft Ashland? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Loft Ashland, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.