“Great Pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Portland, Oregon
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Located in an unprepossessing building across the parking lot from a grocery store, this place serves fabulous pizza. The sourdough crust is the best we've eaten - and that's what distinguishes great pizza from good. We usually order the B.B. McLoughlin, a great classic pepperoni/sausage combination. The salads are fresh and the service is fine. We visit Ashland for the theater, and this place is a nice break from the pretension that characterizes much of the pre-theater restaurant trade.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
lompoc
“Good food, Good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our first visit to Ashland. We found the Great American Pizza Co and decided to give it a try. Our family of four includes one vegetarian, so we're always looking for a place that will be acceptable to all. There were plenty of vegi pizzas on the menu. My wife and daughter ordered a pizza with pesto sauce, feta cheese and mushrooms, omitting the olives (can't remember the name of it). They both liked it quite a lot. My son and I had the Hawaiian, without almonds, and also liked it a lot. I asked plenty of questions about the town to the young man who served us and, despite it being a busy evening, he happily took his time and answered them all. I can't remember his name, but he is the ASB VP at the college across the street and is studying Political Science. He was very pleasant and engaging, and should be considered an asset to the restaurant. We will definitely stop by on future visits.

Visited August 2013
Phoenix
“Best Pizza in Rogue Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This place has amazing pizza. Very simple atmosphere and smells wonderful. The staff is always friendly and the food is consistantly good.
I love the garlic pizza with big hunks of garlic all over it. I recommend this place to everyone. The only problem we have found, is that they don't deliver.:-)

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashland, Oregon
“Always good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great creative menu as well as traditional pizza pies. Seating with windows. Parking. Fresh food. Well made, hand made pies.

Visited March 2013
Redding, California
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

From the outside patio to the inside booths - the place was great. We ordered two 10 inch pizzas to go. The staff is extremely nice. The pizza choices are the regular to the unusual - and you get to choice your crust - sour dough or whole wheat. My son had the Upper Rogue and I cant remember the name of mine - but it was their vege version - and it rocked. If you get a change to go - GO. Pizza is not the first choice of food when I vacation - but when you are with kids - you bet you are having it. I would and will re-visit on our next trip to Ashland.

Visited July 2013

Been to The Great American Pizza Company? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Great American Pizza Company, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.