“Tasty Indian Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Placerville
“Tasty Indian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

When visiting Ashland with my husband and two teenagers, we were never faced with a lack of a selection of restaurants to choose from. It's always more what will we all agree on. Taj Indian Cuisine was a great find for us since Indian is well like by all of us. A local recommended it and - boy were we happy they did. We are used to a place near our home that has a great, affordable lunch buffet so we were weary as to what we would encounter here. They too had a great lunch buffet and...I might add...was better than ours. Well, better in the terms of taste but as far as variety, it was about the same. There was a lot to choose from. And for cost, well it's wasn't as affordable as our place, but for a tourist town, it wasn't too bad. The service was very attentive and the atmosphere very nice. Definitely, well worth a visit!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Arcata, California
“Wow, this place rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff is a bit dry, don't let that discourage you!... this place has amazing food! We couldn't stop eating! There were other kids there, but unless they are into heat, I don't recommend it for children!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Talent, Oregon
“This place gets better each time I visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I only go at lunch for the buffet. Wonderful variety, fresh Nan brought to the table. The selections get more flavorful each time I visit.

Visited January 2013
Ashland, Oregon
“Lived here all my life, and Taj is the greatest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went out for our 37th anniversary and Taj was a last minute choice. It was a great one! Tons of food and when we asked for special spice levels they happily complied. The staff was awesome and the food was amazing! Considering going back for lunch tomorrow!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Ramon, California
“Good Indian food in dountown Ashland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Have gone to Ashland for years and finally went to Taj restaurant. Went for the lunch buffet before an early afternoon play. Typical fare for an Indian buffet - salad, fruit, dal, several veggie options, chicken and lamb in a variety of grilled or sauced options.
I have been to a lot of Indian buffets and found this one to be quite good, actually better than expected. The restaurant is larger inside than the outside appears. The service was a little slow but it was quite busy when we were inside.
I would recommend it as a good lunch option but would allow plenty of time to eat if you are going to a play in the afternoon.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Taj Indian Cuisine? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Taj Indian Cuisine, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.