“Simply my favorite place ...” 5 of 5 stars

Callahan's Mountain Lodge
7100 Old Highway 99 South, Exit 6 on I5, Ashland, OR 97520   |
Ranked #18 of 36 Ashland B&B and Inns
Redmond, Oregon
“Simply my favorite place ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

It is time I share my favorite place of them all to stay. Been here 7or 8 times now and each time renews my appreciation of the special nature of this unique lodge with only 19 rooms. This visit topped them all as the owner's (Ron and Donna) went out of their way to lend my forgetful husband a set of cufflinks and studs for his formal shirt for his 50th H.S. reunion. We hosted a very successful luncheon at Callahan's for the reunion as well which everyone enjoyed. This newly built rustic lodge has solved every aspect of a favorite destination... the rooms are superb with king beds, jaccuzzi tubs, real fireplaces and porches with forest views.... the food is delicious and varied.... Wally's bar is cozy and well stocked.... the town of Ashland is close by for shopping and theater.... and the evening entertainment is a highlight while either Ken or John perform easy listening Americana we all know and love. These two musicians love what they do and it shows. Speaking of loving what they do, the Ron and Donna and their staff make sure each guest has a perfect stay with their personal dedication to this goal which we have experienced each time. My husband and I are already planning our 10th anniversary stay at Callahan's...and we are happy to have found such a gem to become 'regulars' at. Ask for the 'bed and breakfast special" to save a bit and enjoy the food as well.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful...but you can occasionally hear a truck from distant highway 5 at night...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Grants Pass, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 22nd anniversary here. We found the room very comfortable. Enjoyed the plush robes, the jacuzzi tub and the bath salts that are provided. It was quiet and restful. I was surprised when I looked up and realized that I could see I-5 from our room. There is a water feature just out side the rooms creating soothing sounds of water.
Overall the food was very disappointing. I felt the restaurant staff dismissed us because we had complimentry breakfast vouchers that we part of the price of the room. (Maybe they thought we would not tip.) I enjoyed my breakfast, but my husband's potatoe pancake was cold inside. We had reservations for dinner. My beef stroganoff was full of gristle. His was burgundy beef and lacked flavor. We also had reservations for the Mother's Day Brunch Buffet. We were seated in the middle of the room while window seating remained empty. We were never asked if we would like patio seating. We were ignored. We could not even get our water glasses refilled and other requests went unanswered. The food was not memorable except that we both agreed it was not worth driving up here just for the food.
We are looking forward to our next stay, but will drive down to Ashland to eat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ashland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

a friend who owns a bookstore over the hill went there and spent the night. She said that the food was absolutely to die for, best she's ever had.

Central Coast, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I made an unexpected stay here in January 2012 after coming upon snow and darkness at the top of the pass. We were lucky to get the last room available. I thought the $185 plus tax rate was a "snow rate" but later found out it was the regular rate. We received a $25 credit towards breakfast. The lodge is beautiful and the rooms are perfect. All the decor is lodge-like, we had a real wood burning fireplace set with kindling and plenty of firewood. A jacuzzi spa set in the corner and a semi-private balcony outdoors. We went to the restaurant for dinner and had a wonderful dinner while watching the snow fall. They had live music in the restaurant and bar area. Our breakfast the next morning was great. I had a gourmet omelet which was the best I've ever had. I can't say enough about the restaurant and lodge. I would love to stay here again. Perfect place for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Snohomish, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed here during a drive from Seattle to Sacramento. The room was very comfortable, and had a great view of the surroundings. Our room was near the restaurant, so occasionally, you could hear noise, but it wasn't that bad. The room had a comfortable bed, a jacuzzi tub, and a wood-burning fireplace (which we used; it was a cold night). The bathroom featured a double vanity with excellent amenities, including plush robes. All rooms feature a microwave and a mini-fridge, along with a coffeemaker and organic coffee. Also, snacks and drinks are available as part of an "honor bar," with fairly reasonable prices.

The onsite restaurant had excellent food. We had both dinner and breakfast there. A breakfast credit is included with the room, which should cover breakfast for two.

We'd love to come back!

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be good.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Gladstone, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We've stayed at Callahan's twice and plan to stay again later in June. The rooms are wonderful, the atmosphere peaceful, the staff and owners very friendly and helpful, and the food terrific. The fact that you get a $25 credit towards breakfast really makes the cost not too bad. And we're talking about things like smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Each time we've been there we end up buying things from the little gift shop, and I don't usually bother with gift shops. It's only about 10 miles south of Ashland, just off I-5, so a reasonable choice if you're planning to see a play at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jasper, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

My friend and I just spent 3 amazing days at Callahan's. This place is first class all the way. The rooms are exceptionally nice. Very comfortable. With the fireplace in the room and the jacuzzi tub I really felt like I was queen for the day. I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a great getaway. It is so beautiful up there. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Callahan's Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!