“Pleasant surprise in Ashland!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Flagship Inn

You added Flagship Inn to your Saves list
Flagship Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1193 Siskiyou Blvd., Ashland, OR 97520 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)   |
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“Pleasant surprise in Ashland!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I booked a night here because it was reasonably priced, but I will return because it was so clean, comfortable, and as luxurious as the big chain I like so much. This entire motel has been remodeled and furnished with great beds, lots of pillows, and fluffy white duvet covers! New furniture, flat screen tv, mic and refrigerator. And next time I'll bring my dogs...the clerk assured me that the pet-friendly rooms are just as nice as the other rooms. A real find!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I was very disappointed by the 2-1/2 star Flagship Inn in Ashland. Older motel, clear attempt to renovate to bring up to 2-1/2 star standard, but falls short. Ridiculously loud air conditioner, my second floor room faced main blvd, Hwy 99 also noisy, and rooms not soundproof at all. And noise doesn't usually bother me at all. No elevator. All rooms have exterior corridor access only. Bed was too hard for my taste. Tiny closet space. Shower head not great, water pressure not strong. Old furniture and decor. WIFI WAS SLOW. Not enough power outlets, or a power strip. Tiny breakfast room. Had to call front desk at midnight for Do Not Disturb Sign. Checkout time 11am. I usually stay at La Quinta Inn in town, another 2-1/2 star property that is much newer and in every way superior. On plus side, I got an excellent advance rate, all 2-1/2 star amenities are there: frig, microwave, iron, hair dryer, Keurig Coffee maching, flat screen tv, pool, Mexican Restuarant. It's close to OSF and downtown, and right in middle of Southern Oregon University campus. Good breakfast lunch place, Morning Glory, is a block away and a Subway restaurant, 7-Eleven. Tons of other food, shopping and movie theater within 1 mile. But I would not recommend this place, the La Quinta and the local 2-star Super 8 are both newer and nicer.

Room Tip: No elevator, so request ground floor room in advance, and avoid rooms facing main Hwy. 99, Siskiyou...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband reserved a room with one king bed. Our room had two king beds so we each slept in a bed! Our room was in the way back and it was quiet. The shower was clean, shower was nice along with the shampoo, conditioner and soap.
The breakfast was a no frills one but we had plenty to fill us. For the price we were satisfied.
The guest directory is out of date as many of the restaurants listed in it are out of business as the room ervice menu restaurants!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back face a quiet street not a lot of traffic. We had room 231. The beds were comfortab...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Central Point, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

WOW! Another great motel in Ashland. I couldn't believe all the amenities that were offered at such a reasonable price. The rooms were very up to date, clean and "homely". The staff were welcoming and friendly. Great mountain views. Loved the picnic area for a family BBQ. Would stay here again. Best part was the location, directly across from the university and about a mile from the heart of downtown. The price differences from here to the downtown area were very shocking, some prices doubled and didn't even offer the same amenities.

Room Tip: Back side of building upstairs has great views :)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

If I hadn't prepaid for my room, I would never have stayed the night. Dolores P. is right, there is something wrong with the reviews on Tripadvisor.
The walkway to my room was a torn and filthy outdoor carpet. The sheets were too small for the bed and came undone. The carpet had stains, the paint was scratched off, the sink was too low and the place just smelled. The heater cover was off and the inside didn't look clean.
I stay at the Travellers Inn in Williams and it is also moderately priced. The inside is nicely furnished and it is spotlessly clean. So Flagship Inn has no excuse that the price is low.
I have travelled I 5 over 50 times and I have decided not to stay in Medford or Ashland in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
White Plains, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I am a frequent solo traveler and utilize reviews for hotel choices and have prided myself on being able to sort out the "complainers" - up til now! Flagship had a decent overall rating but there was a few red flags. As I was to find out they were well deserved. Whether I was assigned the "horrible" room because I was a single or this is the overall state of the hotel is anyone's guess. Unfortunately for me, upon checking in I just dropped my bag in the room [without checking it out] and did not return until almost 11pm. The conditions were such that it is my opinion as a frequent traveler that this room was unfit for leasing. One of the pillow cases was stained with blood; the sink had a constant leak that could not be stopped and was noisy - when I tried to mute the noise with a face cloth I found that the drainage in the sink was impaired [goodness knows from what as I was not going to pull the drain for fear of being grossed out]; the lamp shade was destroyed; the paint over the headboard was all chipped; the furniture was old and all chipped; the paint for about 3 inches jutting out behind the toilet tank was not even the same color as the room [white vs brown]; one of the two safety strips in the tub was missing making taking a shower a bit dicey; the toilet rocked when you sat on it which not only made it uncomfortable but clearly indicated that the wax seal was not properly installed and there was most likely an unsanitary / health / plumbing condition. These issues were all brought to the attention of the desk clerk the next morning [in writing] with a request for a adjustment and/or refund. The young woman was courteous but without any power or authority to do anything and was the 'manager'. She indicated that the "owner", who was away at the time, was the only one who could make any such decision and that she could only offer an apology. That hardly made up for a night of no sleep due to the noise of the leak, being grossed out by the condition of the bedding, upset by the possibility of the sewage leak, having to hold on for dear life during my shower etc. This does not even take in to consideration the less than satisfactory linens which were thin scratchy towels and a meager breakfast presented in comparison to what was advertised. The attendant indicated that I would hear back from management "very soon" - that was on Dec 16th. It is now Jan 2nd and I have heard nothing. Clearly the owner of Flagship Inn is counting on the goodwill of those that have had a decent experience in the redecorated rooms to outweigh the bad experiences of the guests in the outdated rooms that they choose to ignore! Shame on you Flagship Inn!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was a really cheap buy. $70 a night for the two of us. Well, it was pretty funky. Mainly my problem was with the smell in the room. It looked clean on the surface but just smelled old and funky. The bathroom looked clean. The sheets were clean and the bed comfortable. I think it was the carpet. It was a maroon color, hard to tell if it was dirty but there were marks on it. And the bedspread had stains which I pointed out to the desk person and we got a clean bedspread. The only staff we met was the receptionist in the office and she was a very nice young woman, professional and helpful. We didn't eat any food but did get coffee and tea both mornings. To be frank I would have changed to a different hotel but this was nonrefundable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Flagship Inn? Share your experiences!