“Interesting Food, Quaint Place, Decent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Amity
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Newer restaurant in the wine country of northwest oregon. Small town with nearby wineries. Wood fire oven, wine and beer. We have gone here twice now.
Monmouth, Oregon
“Interesting Food, Quaint Place, Decent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My friend and I ate at The Blue Goat on a rainy Oregon Friday. We chose to share the duck confit pate, a salad, and the veggie pizza. We loved that the food was fresh and delicious and most of it locally sourced as well. The pizza was a spectacular combination of pear, blue cheese, and walnut and was attractively served on a wooden cutting board. 2 small quibbles: the restaurant needs a better wine-by-the-glass selection; the one the were offering was mediocre. Service was decent but a bit diffident. Ultimately, however, this is a great place to dine. There is something unique for everyone here.

• Visited November 2012

Portland, Oregon
“Not to be missed!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were directed here for lunch by the server at one of the wineries. Every few years you stumble on a gem like this. I LOVE slow food, sustainable restaurants as you know what you are eating. This one outshines all others as the chef knows how to prepare great food. I had the burger. I will only eat beef if I know that is what I am eating. This burger was pure beef from grass fed cattle with no antibiotics and hormones. (The flavor of days gone by on the farm). It was dressed with flavor packed condiments and a home made grain bun. My partner had the mussels with white beans and fingerling potatoes. This was nirvana of food. Incredible flavors! The menu changes frequently as the preparations are local and in season. The prices are very reasonable for this quality of food. We were greeted and seated the minute we entered the door. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This will definitely be my stop from Portland to the beach, as I want to try everything on the menu. I wish I lived next door!

• Visited October 2012
Albany, Oregon, United States
“Get ready for unigue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Most of the menu items are unique to the restaurant.
Prices are mid range and the food is excellent.
The terracotta oven is fun to watch.
They also offer local products from local breweries and wineries.
The furnishings are a bit worn and the floor is painted concrete, but everything is clean.
Blue jeans are the "dress slacks" of the day.
We enjoyed our meal there and will return.
One last comment:
EVERYONE was helpful and friendly!!

• Visited September 2012
Rochester, New York
“This puts Amity on the map”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stumbled on this restaurant for lunch when we were biking in the area, and were glad we did. The service was wonderful, and the food was delicious. Definitely worth a detour!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best meal in Salem area of Oregon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This food was delicious, inventive and fresh. Very local - food and wine and beer. Great atmosphere. Great service.

Visited July 2012