“Original Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Portland, Oregon
“Original Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

OMG!!!! One of today's specials was a tiger prawn omlet with cream cheese. The large prawns are sauted in wine and butter with mushrooms, fresh herbs and tomato. This is then scooped into a 3 egg omlet with cream cheese. The taste was out of this world. Perhaps the best omlet I have EVER had. My wife and I split the omlet and added a side of pancakes. The price was a bit spendy, but then this AIN'T your normal breakfast joint. Our server Melody was prompt and kept the coffees charged. This was our first visit. It won't be our last.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Albany, Oregon, United States
“Good but LOUD”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Good food. Great Service but Extremely LOUD. Even though every table was full we got sat pretty quickly.

Visited February 2012
Albany, Oregon
“Best breakfast on I-5 (Or anyplace else for that matter).”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Funny thing about people. They will spend fifty dollars a month on lottery tickets or commute 300 miles a month (think gas prices) but gripe when they spend fifteen dollars for a great breakfast. My wife and I have been regulars here for years and no matter what the circumstances of the day we are treated with respect and appreciation. We've never had bad service nor poor attitude from the staff. Ed and staff are always observant of our needs and never fail to amaze us with their quality and professionalism. The specials are to die for and the regular menu has just about anything you can think of to eat for breakfast. We've never had a problem substituting anything on a specific meal. (Repeat that) NEVER. My friends and I eat there every Saturday and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to any and everyone we know or meet. These are regular working folks doing a great job of preparing and serving the best darned breakfast anywhere. You can bank on it. (Except for those who think fifteen dollars us a lot for great food) We don't. Many thanks Ed and crew.....Chuck.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“An above average greasy spoon.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

For the time spent waiting, this place was kind of disappointing.

I had the chicken fried steak and it was average. Not a lot of flexibility in changing items on the order.

We had the misfortune of sitting in the middle of the bar where all the action happens.

Food sat for numerous minutes before being picked up. Poor layout of the entire service area. Disorganized staff, infighting (which was uncomfortable at times), spills, breaks, left us with a 'thank God this meal was finally over' feeling.

As I said earlier in my title.... Average place at best.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Salem, Oregon, United States
“Worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

There was a bit of a wait for a table but worth the wait! I had the tomato & avocado eggs Benedict which was delicious! Our son had the peanut butter and honey stuffed French toast - he ate every bite. Service was very friendly and attentive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere