“Horrible stay” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Albany
A TripAdvisor Member
“Horrible stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

First off the girl behind the desk was at least nice. However, the first room she sent me to was not cleaned! Gross....they had dirty dishes in the sink, something gross on the floo,other persons bathroom supplies open and sitting in the shower, left over stuff in the refrig.

So told her that the room was not clean and she gave me a new room. However when I put my key into that room....it was locked and a person yelled out. Hold on. She opened the door and I said looks like they gave me your room. Her reply was nope the manager just let me use this room for internet since her room did not have any. Can you say gross?
It looked like she had made her self very comfy in my room. So when I went down to the front desk, she had no clue who or what she was doing in my room. Not bothering to give me yet another room. So I was grossed out - what if she used my towels, slept in the bed, just totally gross. I could not believe they did not give me another room. I worried about her coming back in.

Now the worst part is that the cleaning of the room was less then stellar. Nothing was replaced. I had to go to the front desk for Toliet paper. I mean come on.....

Anyways i would not stay there ever again. Which is a shame because I had stayed there in the past and it was not this bad at all. None of the security doors worked...anyone could open them. Not pleased with this hotel at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Tim C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Albany, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Please accept my apologies for the mix up upon your arrival. I've looked into it and there will be some retraining going on. There is really no excuse for your supplies not being refreshed. It is not our practice to do that. I will be contacting you personnaly to discuss this further. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences. Please visit again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My recent stay at the LaQuinta Inn was great. We rented a king suite for my son's birthday. Our room was very spacious and clean; the staff even put several extra pillows and towels in the room for my son's friends. The general manager let us use the breakfast room for a small group of us to have cake and open presents. The kids had a great time swimmimg and playing in the pool so much so that we went swimming three times during our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Tim C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Albany, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay went. We enjoy having the birthday parties here. The location of our pool allows the kids to be kids without disturbing the rooms. Looking forward to hosting your return next year.
Mossyrock, Washington, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Weekend breakfast started too late for our events, unable to partake. Visited nearby McDonald's for breakfast. Traveled with pets and found hotel extremely pet friendly. Purpose of trip was to participate in dog shows, had many other exhibitors stay there at the same time. Definitely would return to this hotel being aware of amenities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Tim C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Albany, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Based on them we have changed the hours for breakfast whenever there is a dog show in the area to allow the participants a chance to have a bite before the show.
Astoria, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

March1-3 2013 My wife and I stayed at La Quinta Inn Albany.This was our third stay since May 2012.We come to Albany to watch our daughter in law show her horses.I travel every 3 weeks for work and stay at La Quinta in the Gulf area. I am a gold card La Quinta returns holder.I used some of my points for our room,and was so disappointed.Our room was ok,but needs some repairs.The bathroom was very small and patches of repair on the walls and door were just slapped on.If you had the door closed and some one needed to come in,they would hit you with the door.The whole room needs help.The continental breakfast was not as good as usual.This time we had to ask for eggs,the juice machine didn't work,biscuits were rock hard and there wasn't a variety of fresh fruit.We have been very happy on our other visits.There is another horse show in May,but we will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I am sorry we missed the boat with your stay. We have started a program to correct all the problems. Each room is being addressed. Unfortunately we can't change the size of the rooms or bath rooms but we do price accordingly. Please come back when you have a chance.

Travelers are raving about these Albany hotels

Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I am a very frequent La Quinta patron and stay there whenever possible for work, as I can usually bring my dog with me, and have never had a bad experience until now.
We booked the king jacuzzi suite. We called ahead just to see if the room would be ready before the 3PM check in time and were assured it would be. We get there at 230 and its not ready yet. No big deal. We wait and 330 it is still not ready. We wait until 340 and just head up and we meet the cleaning lady just leaving. Great our room is ready.
WRONG. first the smell of chlorine bleach is so strong my nose was still burning until later that night. I go to open the window to air out room and it is covered in black mold on all four sides. I step into the bathroom to run water into the tub and notice fuzzy pink growth on the jets in the jacuzzi and discolored grout on the tile floors. Floors were very slick even though they were dry. The skylights were crusted with stuff, not sure if inside or outside, the carpet was frayed without a transition strip at the transition to the jacuzzi are and the molding around the tub was attached with screws, leaving gaping areas showing what appears to be aeons of mold.
My wife was crying, not sure if it was just the chlorine gas or the disappointment, and we walked out 2 minutes after we walked in. I am just sorry I did not take more pictures before being overcome by the fumes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered. We currently correcting these problems. Nobody else will encounter them. Please come back and see our progress.

Been to La Quinta Inn Albany? Share your experiences!