“Comfortable and roomy” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Albany
Portland, Oregon
“Comfortable and roomy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Check in was easy and accomodating. I prefer to stay in "non pet friendly" rooms. (It seems that the Hotels these days do not have rooms designated as "Pet Friendly". That is one point agains this Hotel. We used to have designated "non smoking" rooms but now all rooms in Oregon are "non smoking". ) So after I digress, I'm moving on. They put me on the 3rd floor stating that the chances are greater of having a room that did not have a Pet in them. The room was a King Size Bed room. It was clean, roomy, comfortable with a nice and spacious living area with a really large desk, love seat and lots of lights. I also took a point off for the breakfast. It had everything you would want and expect but I'm not sure why the Coffee always has to be weak, and why non banana"s? Everyone has to have a banana in the morning right? Really I would go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd flloor seemed quiet to me.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thanks for staying with us. We are a pet friendly hotel and we try to keep all pets on the first and second floors. Unfortunately, sometimes guests sneak pets into their rooms. Therefore we cannot guarantee that your room has never had a pet in it since the hotel opened. When it comes to our breakfast, we try to have as much variety as possible, so all of our guests can find something to enjoy. If there were no bananas out, there were apples and/or oranges as well as canned fruit. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Albany!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed one night at the Phoenix Inn, Albany Or. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Only dated item was the old style tv and not new flat screen. The wifi worked great the evening we stayed but was down the following morning. The hotel staff was doing every thing in their power to get it fixed but outside repair was slow to respond. There free breakfast was good with plenty of fruits, pasterys, scramble eggs and waffles. They also offer upscale coffee.
When I am in Albany Or again this is where I will Stay!!

Room Tip: backs up to the freeway I think parking lot rooms would be more quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Phoenix Inn. I apologize for the problems you had with our Wi-Fi. We were able to get our offsite tech support to correct the issue on the 6th. If you ever need it, we do have a hard wired computer in our business center for your convenience. We look forward to see you again on your next visit to Albany.
Farmington, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in a king suite, based on TripAdvisor reviews. A bit dated room (15 year old decor), but clean, and spacious (big). And a very good value! I have never stayed in Albany before, so not sure if there are better choices, or how this one stacks up. But I am very satisfied for the price. I would suggest trying to get a room that doesn't face the freeway as some road noise gets into your room, but even then, it wasn't that bad. Bed was very comfortable with down comforter and pillows. Old tube style 25" TV - so no HD. Breakfast was good - pretty typical smorgasbord style like most hotels these days. I would recommend this hotel if you are satisfied with a bit dated Fairfield Inn type room.

Room Tip: Better pick would be a room not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I’m glad to hear you had a great stay with us. We really appreciate guest feedback. As you mentioned, we are conveniently located right off of I-5. If you are a sensitive sleeper, be sure to ask for a non-freeway side room. Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Albany!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed here as part of a large group attending a conference at the Linn County Expo Center. The hotel was clean with updated furnishings and decoration. My room was large and it was very quiet. Though this hotel sits just off the highway, I didn't hear any of the noise (while in my room) that you might expect from that kind of location. The continental breakfast was typical and adequate. I'd definitely stay here again if I needed lodging in Albany.

• Stayed August 2012
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad you had a great stay as our guest. If there is anything that we can do to add more value to your next stay, please let us know. Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn!
Kimberly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I and our son and his family stayed here 08-24/08-29-12. My wife and I had a king suite. The bed was the most comfortable that I have slept on at a motel in a long time, we enjoyed the room so much that we extended our stay 3 nights longer. We would stay there again the next time we are in Albany.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side (opposite I-5). The king suite has a divider wall separating the bed...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I was glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and even extended it with us. I would like to make your next stay a 5 out of 5. If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay more enjoyable, please let us know. Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn!
Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at the Phoenix Inn 08/24-08/26/2012. For the price, what a great deal. The room was nice and clean. The beds were very comfortable. There were only really two issues. The first was a lack of clean towels for the pool area and most of the breakfast items were gone Sunday morning. All in all a great deal for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn. We try to anticipate issues and resolve them before they become problems. If there is an occasion where we are not aware of a problem, please let us know so we can fix it as quickly as possible. We hope to see you next time you are in the area.
Whitehorse, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had a large group and ended up with over 20 rooms booked for our reunion. All of the room arrangements were handled smoothly and without problems by their Sales Manager, Cassie Cruze. Thanks, Cassie! We had people coming from all corners of the country, making their reservations at different times prior, yet they were able to get most of us together in one area of the hotel, which was great.
I always use TA and read what other reviewers have to say. We were there almost a week, and had no problems with the quality and quantity of the breakfast they provided; in fact, it was better than what most places do for breakfast. It is a bit stupefying to hear people complain about a free breakfast!
The rooms were large and clean and well decorated, and the beds very comfortable; there just wasn't anything not to like about this place. We would go back again without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind words. We love taking care of individuals and groups. It makes our day to hear reviews like yours. We try to anticipate issues and resolve them before they become problems. Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Been to Phoenix Inn Suites Albany? Share your experiences!