“Good quality, excellent location for travellers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Prairie Inn

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Prairie Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Prairie Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Price Road SE, Albany, OR 97322 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Albany
Courtenay, Canada
“Good quality, excellent location for travellers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The quality of the hotel was very good and it was located close to and easily found from Highway 5. The rooms were smart, good size & well equipped. Even breakfast was better than you might anticipate. We travelled with a dog and our only negative comment is that the $20 fee seems excessive, turning the cost from $90 to $110.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sunny S, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Prairie Inn, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The weird thing about the Best Western chain is that there is the inconsistency (I'm looking at you, Best Western Roseburg), so you never know what you're going to get. That being said, I give this place a thumbs up.
Check-in took awhile, but only because I had a gift card. I imagine there are special computer codes you have to enter when someone checks in with a gift card so I expected it. The girl at the front desk was apologetic and I was in no hurry. She had pretty hair, and I said so. She accepted the compliment.
We reserved a suite, and I hate how the word "suite" is so loosely defined. In the case of this hotel, it's a basic room with about 7-8 feet added to it length-wise and a small (3'x4') room divider between the bed and the "extra room." My definition of the word "suite" is completely different, but that's what is normal in the industry so i can't really complain. Still, I'm a young guy with a 5-year-old, so it would have been nice if suite meant what I thought it should mean.
That being said, the room was great. It had one of the best carpets I've ever seen in a chain hotel. And for being so close to the freeway and the airport, we didn't hear a peep. It was clean and modern, although the little cylindrical pillows are always suspect. They are great for a design element but there's no way I'm putting them anywhere near my various orifices.
Breakfast was standard: Waffles from a thing, eggs from a thing, sausage and biscuits and gravy, bagels, etc. I like that they had a lot of milk, but that's just me since I am totally addicted to milk.
My favorite part of my stay was when I walked downstairs early and saw that the pool wasn't open until 11am. That didn't seem right, so I asked the 40ish black-haired girl what time the pool opened. She said it opened at 7am. Totally made my day. I have a five-year-old that wakes up early, so that was awesome.
I will probably never stay here again. I get better deals through priceline and other methods. But the night I stayed here was a total thumbs up. 3.25

Room Tip: Ask for room 309 if you don't mind elevator noise. That room is gigantic!
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and you are giving us a thumbs up. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
vancouver, bc, canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed 1 night. Recently renovated and it was a pleasure staying here. Great breakfast incl with scrambled gags, sausage, waffles, bisc and gravy, fruit, etc. nice small pool and hot tub. Room was very big with 1 queen, couch, desk, free wifi, LCD tv, quiet, etc. bathroom was small but clean and had good hot water and pressure. Located right off i5. Paid $75 mid week and was great value for price.

• Stayed January 2013
crystart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel and it looks like a 5-star posh hotel. It seems to be newly renovated and its a job well done! Great service and very very clean. I forgot my charger only to have the manager chase me as I left to ensure I didn't forget it - that's service.

• Stayed December 2012
Sunny S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Prairie Inn, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at Best Western Plus Prairie Inn. The entire staff would like to thank you for your kind words and hope to see you again real soon!
Montague
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Evening desk personnel very friendly and helpful. Room was quiet with comfortable beds and easily adjusted heat. The complementary hot breakfast was cold, toaster was not working at 7 (one hour after opening time) some food had run out. When desk staff was notified she said it was too late to do anything about it. Checked back about 30 minutes later and breakfast room was a mess and nothing had been done about replenishing foods.
Will not be staying there again as not a typical visit to this particular chain.

Room Tip: If you want to utilize complimentary breakfast stay some place else. If just need a comfortable cle...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sunny S, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Prairie Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Drear Deb Montague. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us about your recent stay at Best Western Plus Prairie Inn. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. Hope you will give us another chance with a future stay.
Santa Barbara, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here from 12/29 - 1/4. The desk staff (Kali & Shain) were friendly, professional and extremely welcoming. We had our grandchildren stay with us a couple of nights. Kali and Shain made us as well as the children feel very welcome and comfortable. The children enjoyed the clean pool and we appreciated being allowed to take them swimming. It was a great experience for us as well as the children. We have stayed at this property when it was a Quality Inn twice a year for 5 years and the service from the staff as this property was equal to what we received in the past. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to see our family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Drear Catherine B. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us about your recent stay at Best Western Plus Prairie Inn. We are delighted that we were able to make your stay a memorable one and hope to have you back real soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Prairie Inn? Share your experiences!