“Basic TexMex fare in Oklahoma” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Atoka
Cuisines: Mexican
McKinney, Texas
“Basic TexMex fare in Oklahoma”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I've eaten there three times, each time in a large group. The waitstaff is efficient and they provide a decent plate of Tex Mex favorites.

The most memorable thing about this place is the fact that the waiter puts on an enormously long oven mitt and delivers 6-7 plates of food at once, all strung down his arm. It's actually quite impressive!

Visited July 2012

Fort Worth, TX
“Just looking for a good meal and found a wonderful Mexican dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were greeted promptly by a lovely, beautiful girl who took our order and asked if we had any questions. I hope we can return again someday. Chili rellenos are delicious.

Visited May 2013
New Paltz, New York
“Good except for the Velveeta!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

As an earlier visitor exclaimed "No Velveeta Cheese please". I second that wholehearedly!! I ordered a chimichanga, and it was filled with tender and flavorful fajita beef and onions, but it was covered with Velveeta cheese. That is just wrong! Rice and beans were good. I'd rather not have lime in my beer, but please let ME add it if I did want it. A bit overpowering. Service was delightful and prompt. Nice atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Norman, Oklahoma
“One of the better places to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

If you have been in Atoka or even drove through it. It is known there are not that many places to go to eat. I was working there for 3 weeks and I could count on my hand how many places were not fast food and worth going to. El Adobe was one of these places. I was blessed to be able to go there multiple times and eat many of the different places.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best enchilada ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I have been eating here for 29 years. I have been eating enchiladas for 49 years. The Sonoran is what I always get: two cheese and onion enchiladas covered in chili sauce, whole beans, and rice for about seven dollars. The salsa and guacamole are wonderful too. I have eaten all over the country and these are simply the best cheese enchiladas I have ever had. Most of the cheese enchiladas I get do not have the cheese inside completely melted. These always do.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere