“Nice and Quiet but Overpriced” 4 of 5 stars

Shiloh Morning Inn
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2179 Ponderosa Road, Ardmore, OK 73401   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Ardmore B&B and Inns
Amarillo, TX
“Nice and Quiet but Overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

Looking for a nice secluded spot for my Mom and me to get away and spend some quality time together uninterrupted by the world, I chose The Shiloh Inn in Ardmore, OK because it was the nearest (at 6 hours away) Select Registry Inn I'd yet to visit.

Once there and settled in, we took advantage of the quiet and solitude and loved watching the humming birds from the dining room windows at breakfast time. We were served a fabulous meal both mornings but otherwise were left to ourselves to come and go as we pleased. Our suite had a nice, roomy bathroom. And, despite the high summer temperatures, we found the hot tub a nice touch in the evening.

One major plus for this Inn, their king-sized bed in the lower back corner bedroom made for the best sleep I've had in months. My mom agreed. Each night we both slept like babies.

Still, while I was generally pleased with the location we chose for our Mother-Daughter time together, a nice hideaway off the beaten path, I have to say I was a bit disappointed at the interior decorating of the Inn itself. The carpet, drapes and wallpaper felt very dated and left over from the "Country Style" of the 80s, with a lot of silk flower arrangements scattered throughout. Though I'm accustomed to seeing this decor in standard B&Bs, I was admittedly surprised to find it in a Select Registry Inn where our total room rate ran over $200 per night. In short, I thought the priced exceeded the overall quality.

(Side note regarding rate: In addition, most B&Bs offer some type of compensation for mid-week bookings, or second night stays, both requirements of which we met. Shiloh Inn offered no discount, but the same flat rates regardless.)

Would I recommend this Inn? Yes, by all means if you intend to be in the area anyway and aren't opposed to paying a little more than the usual for a B&B. But if you're going out of your way to get there as we did, you might consider searching for less expensive possibilities that could be just as nice.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chesterton, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

Excellent does not even come close to the experience we had. The owners, Bob and Linda, have put together an amazing place. The rooms were very comfortable, The food is great. I would recommend dinner there.

Linda and Bob are truly enjoyable people to talk to and have done it right. We wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else in the area. I can't imagine how you can improve on the Shiloh.

Dave and Karen

Mansfield, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2008

My husband and I had a wonderful, peaceful stay at Shiloh Morning Inn from Oct 30 to November 2. The owners, Bob & Linda were gracious and met our every request. They have thought of and provide every aminity to make your stay outstanding. We had 3 great autumn days and particularly enjoyed sitting and reading on the front porch and on our private balcony. The breakfasts were unbelievably good. We had dinner on two evenings and the food was excellent. We took our dinners on to the balcony and enjoyed the beautiful view as we dined. We even spotted several deer on the grounds. The facility and grounds are extremely clean and manicured. Walking trails give you a chance to see the local nature and relax on a hammock hidden in the woods. This is a perfect get-a-way from hectic city life. You don't even need to leave the grounds if you plan ahead and order dinner. (The breakfast is so great that you can skip lunch) We plan to return often as this is the best B&B that we have ever visited and Bob & Linda make you feel as if you were special royalty.

• Liked — Peace, quiet, beauty, food
  • Disliked — Tried but can't find anything wrong
Chestertown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2008

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Shiloh Morning Inn in October. The place had been recommended by friends of ours who for years insisted we should stay there. Boy, were they right. It was the perfect place for a much needed romantic getaway without children!! The place is immaculate, the little details are amazing, the food is wonderful and Linda and Bob are the most gracious hosts. We absolutely loved the remote location and serene surroundings.

Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2007

The Shiloh Morning Inn has its pros and cons. My boyfriend and I stayed in one of their private cottages for $299 for 1 night. The cottage itself was lovely - lots of comforts of home. It was two stories, had a full kitchen and living room, sun room with hot tub (which we never used), and the upstairs had the bedroom, huge glass enclosed shower, and probably the largest jacuzzi bathtub I have ever seen! It was very deep too. There was a lot of attention to detail in the cottage's decorations, which was a nice touch.

One of the cons was the inn's location. If you really want to get away from it all, it's a good choice. It is about 20 minutes off of the highway. To get there, you drive along deserted roads with barely any streetlights, if any at all! The inn itself is on a dirt road. Very country-ish, farm like setting with nothing around it. To me, it felt uncomfortably deserted.

It wasn't convenient for us, because we arrived at about 7pm. They do not serve dinner at the inn, and the closest restaurant was over 20 minutes away! So we had to backtrack the way we had come in to go out to dinner.

The cottage itself, while beautiful, had a few bugs in it. I saw a few spiders on the lower level. I then noticed the doorway to the cottage had a 1/2" crack at the bottom, so it didn't surprise me at all that bugs had come in.

The bedroom was very luxurious and the bed was comfortable to sleep on.

Overall, I am satisfied with my stay at the inn, I just wish it had been closer to town and not so far out there!

• Liked — Beautiful bedroom and bathroom
  • Disliked — Location was terrible.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Mansfield, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

This was a quick weekend getaway. It is a 2.5 hour drive from the DFW area. We booked a suite in the main house. Two days before our arrival, Linda called to offer a free upgrade to one of the cottages. She suggested the Bluebird cottage. It was very quaint and cosy and a tastefully decorated cottage.
Bob and Linda were on duty the whole weekend and were excellent hosts. We opted for the home cooked dinner on Saturday which is optional and it was deliciously cooked. Breakfasts were sumptous and very filling.
I recommend this place without any reservation.

• Liked — Very comfortable and cozy
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Ardmore, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

The Shiloh Morning Inn is absolutely wonderful. My wife and I planned a small romantic getaway and it exceeded even our loftiest expectations. The owners, Bob and Linda, have crafted one of the most inherently relaxing locales anywhere. Whether it's kicking back in your personal jacuzzi or simply enjoying the natural beauty of the area, the Shiloh must be experienced as any attempt at describing its perfection invariably falls short. We can't wait to go back!

• Liked — Private Jacuzzi/Jacuzzi Tub/& Large Open Shower
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Shiloh Morning Inn? Share your experiences!