“This was a mistake from start to finish!” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 73 restaurants in Ardmore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Pecatonica, Illinois
“This was a mistake from start to finish!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

First, when I saw how dark and dingy the interior was (and that our vinyl tablecloth had holes and rips) my husband and I should have just walked out! The menu is vaguely New Orleans still so we figured that grilled catfish and a chef's salad shouldn't turn out too badly. Wrong assumption on our part. My husband's grilled catfish were in a mush pile on his plate. His baked potato must have been from yesterday because it was not fresh. I ordered a salad but the dressing was not good. When it came, I noticed there wasn't any bacon on it and chopped bacon was in the description. It was quite a while before I could flag down our waiter. He brought a small paper cup of hard dry bacon bits. I left most of the salad there. My husband left his potato and side as well. I would definitely NOT eat here again. We tried to eat at a local restaurant. The Applebee's or IHOP would be much better and much easier. This was a dud!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
“Not as good as it used to be. Bread is...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010 via mobile

Not as good as it used to be. Bread is stale you can find better in Ardmore.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“Meh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

We were going to a concert in OK and thought we would eat here. It was yuck, to say the least, and overpriced for the quality. I don't have a problem spending money on good food, but the food was pathetic. It wasn't gross, but pathetic. I think the shrimp cocktail sauce was pure ketchup. You know, one of those kind of places. The bread was stale, the salad and dressing was meh and the steak was pitiful. Golden Corral like steak, you know, the kind that needs steak sauce to drowned out the taste or lack thereof. We will never go back.

Dallas, Texas
1,566 reviews 1,566 reviews
1,146 restaurant reviews
“Very Good Interstate Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

This restaurant was just off the Interstate and thus easy for us to reach. We were attacted by the sign. The food was good and the service was good. Plenty of free parking on site. The menu is rather extensive for a small town. We had the burgers which were good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
dfw
“Stop for the music NOT for the food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

We visited Ardmore for a few days and thought we would check out this place which had such good reviews. I simply can not understand why it is rated this way. While the atmosphere is lively and fun (especially with a band playing) the food is Apple bee's quality at a higher price. We had the frog legs (do NOT recommend) and the ribs (tastes ok after a beer or two)