“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Burkburnett, Texas, United States
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Room was large enough to accommodate my large family. Bathroom was nice. Kitchen was well stocked with everything you need. Pool was on the very small size. Towels by the pool very very small and thin. Wasn't many chairs by the pool and bathroom by pool was locked which sucked with 4 kids. They have a nice little store. I figured stuff would be expensive in it but the prices were great. Lady at front desk was very sweet and helpful. DVD players in the room and they have a DVD library at the front desk. Overall it was a great visit and will definitely stay again when back this direction.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Trina S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Chrystal T,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that the outside restroom by the pool was not unlocked. The front desk locks it at 10pm and reopens it at 8am so an oversight on their part. I'm glad you were able to utilize our DVD library for your family and found our Cupboard substantial. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss any additional items or if I can be of assistance with a reservation.

Again thank you !

Trina Salazar/ General Manager
cwsgm@apollohospitality.net

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I was very impressed with the service I received from the young lady at the front check in to the housekeepers. Each was very helpful. The young lady at the front office was new but she was very helpful and anything that she did not know she found the answers for me. I asked for extra towels and housekeeping did not have any so the lady at the front office assisted me again. We were at the pool and no towels were outside and she went and looked for some and got towels from other room that no one was in and gave them to us. She was very attentive.

Room Tip: We had a room ready when we arrived and had no problems. we did enroll in the rewards program after...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Trina S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear J0HN_C890

Thank you for your review and and such nice comments. I am glad we exceeded your expectations here at the Candlewood Suites Ardmore. We strive to be your Home away from Home and provide a carefree environment. I will share your comments with our staff and let them know they are doing a great job.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit.

Trina E Salazar
cwsgm@apollohospitality.net
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We look for a hotel to take a break at during a long trip. We have a dog and a toddler so we need a decent sized room that is quiet.
This hotel fits the bill. The rooms are very affordable and spacious. I would say the finish isn't spectacular but you get what you pay for. To top it off, there is a full kitchen.
The room was clean as was the entire hotel except the stairs on the side facing the Nissan dealership. There were dead bugs (the kind I prefer) all over. I want to stress that this is an out of the way part of the hotel and nowhere near rooms, but it should be cleaned up. In no way would I allow this to deter me from staying again.

Stayed July 2014
Trina S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Roundtheworld!

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm glad your stay was enjoyable. Of course we are doing out best to keep up with the summer bugs here in Oklahoma and I apologize that they were not cleaned up during your stay.

I hope when your travels find you in our area we will be your hotel of choice again.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again!

Trina Salazar
Piedmont, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay at this hotel. The pool was heated and felt awesome. The staff was friendly and kind. I loved the lemonade and fresh baked cookies! The beds felt amazing and with the kitchen we were able to keep milk for the kiddos!

• Stayed June 2014
Trina S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Kelsey A,

Thank you for your feedback. It is always a pleasure to hear that we exceeded our guests expectations! I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return to Ardmore and the Candlewood Suites.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

For the price you pay to stay here ,you should have daily room cleaning!! NOT weekly,and the guest shouldn't have to worry about throwing the trash away and bringing all the dirty linings down just to make sure they receive fresh clean ones. Basically your your own maid here when your trying to get away from your daily lifestyle. Also I would advise you to let all guest know when the pool is closed!!! Your poorly advertised closed pool sign should explain why the pool is or will be closed!!! The only good thing about our stay here is having a full mini kitchen.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Trina S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Liberty C,

I am so sorry that your experience at the Candlewood Suites was not what you had planned for. Candlewood Suites is marketed as an Extended Stay property so many of our guests are here for many nights and some months which is why our housekeeping service is limited to every 7 nights. We are happy to accommodate our guests with additional service upon request. There is signage in the rooms stating to please contact the front desk if additional service is requested. I hope you saw this and would have called them for additional Housekeeping. The pool was only closed for a short time to ensure chemical balance was correct.

Again I am sorry that your stay was not what you expected. I hope when your travels find you in Ardmore you give us another chance to prove that we are your Home away from Home!

Thank you for your feedback.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was much more than I expected, we had a fully equipped kitchen, with an ice maker, a DVD player and a recliner. They even had movies to loan. We just wanted to get away & we got a great value with our peace and quiet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Wb5cxs ,

Thank you for your feedback!! I am so happy to hear that your stay at our Candlewood exceeded your expectations! We strive to make our guests feel at home and relaxed and take the worries away! We look forward to your return when your travels find you in the Ardmore area.
Ardmore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Got transferred here from new mexico, been enjoying the stay so much the workers are friendly everything was clean and they are organized and let every guest be aware of upcoming events on a board in the main lobby. I enjoy it cause it makes me feel at home with the kitchen area in the rooms and they loan movies out in case nothing is on tv, they have a cupboard area where you can buy things you might need over your stay. Mindy at the front desk was so welcoming to me and my family and she ensures that you feel welcome and will talk to you and tell you how to get around the town if you have never been here before.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view of the town.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Chase M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for taking time to leave such wonderful feedback concerning your recent guest experience with us at the Candlewood Suites of Ardmore. Our Our and About board is something unique to Candlewood Suites. Our team, as well as guests alike, take great fun in keeping everyone in the hotel current on what is good to eat, great to visit, or just general happenings around the area. Our quite knowledgeable team are all quite familiar with the surrounding area so getting directions can be done in a snap! Again, I thank you for your kind words and will not fail in passing your praise on to the rest of the team.

Been to Candlewood Suites Ardmore? Share your experiences!