“Do not book here!!!” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mansfield
“Do not book here!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Ater having a reservation since last August 2013 for an April 2014 stay, we recieved a call saying our reservation has been cancelled. (60 days before our hotel stay) Candlewood decided to cancel our 15 rooms because someone in house decided to extend a stay,. As a Diamond frequent traveler with another hotel chain, I have never seen a hotel chain do this. In my experience, if a hotel can not accomodate you, they do find u other housing arrangements.. the Manager informed me that Candlewods policy is to take care of inhouse guest first, after speaking with their corporate offiices, I found this to be a lie as well. My suggestion, if you do business with this hotel make sure a backup plan is available. Because of their inconsideration, we cant find any rooms within a 30 mile radius. Thank you Candlewood!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Chase M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for taking time to leave feedback in regards to your experience with Candlewood Suites of Ardmore. I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues and lack of service you feel you received from our hotel. Any time a guest can not be accommodated we make absolutely sure to find a suitable alternative and do so each and every time! Should you like to speak directly in regards to this or any other issue feel free to contact me at any time (580) 226-0100. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Never,never would I recommend this property .Failure at check-in continued and continued. The housekeeping Staff was superior after learning my definition of clean and acceptable, Yellow liquid on outside of toilet is not acceptable. The GM was rude and requests to speak directly to GM were deflected by cohorts. My employer made the arrangements and I stayed due to the prior arrangements. The Management knew of my displeasure and as a token provided me with Candlewood Cash/ certificates for the pantry. Those of us who spend most of our business time out of town and in motels are very familiar with Room-cams which are motion-activated when the room is empty (or should be empty) and record the activity occurring in our absence. What happened to the Candlewood Bucks in my absence?????? This is a property which created its own failures and most are covered by untrue explanations handed down from the GM.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chase M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking time to leave feedback concerning your stay with us. I would request if you feel you received poor service or was in any way ignored to contact me at anytime day or night at (580) 226-0100 so that we may find a resolution to any issues you may or may not have actually experienced while a guest of Candlewood Suites Ardmore.
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Wasn't planning to stay in the Ardmore area but because of bad weather & ended up being there for several days. Mindy at the front desk helped me figure out a lot of the details for such an unexpected trip. Good job Candlewood, you guys seriously impressed!

• Stayed December 2013
Chase M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at the Candlewood Suites of Ardmore with others here on TripAdvisor. Our front desk team is always ready and available to help with any needs, questions, or concerns you may have during your time with us. Our aim is to provide a quality suite, professional team, and an atmosphere no different from home. We look forward to seeing you anytime you may be in our area again. Happy Holidays!
Choctaw, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This was a wonderful experience. I was driving in late at night and needed a place to stop. I couldn't have been more surprised at the wonderful service. The front desk agent did everything in her power to make sure my stay was great. This will be a new stopping point for me on my travels.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Chase M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you kindly for taking time to leave such refreshing feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites of Ardmore. Our team is made up of a fantastic group of service minded individuals, that work together to provide top notch service second to none. Our team prides themselves on their ability to be flexible and WOW each guest at every opportunity. Although we do not specialize in transient or short term guests, our team is ready, willing, and able to make even a 1 night stay feel like home. Thank you again and have a wonderful holiday season.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Excellent newer hotel in Ardmore. Clean, spacious and generally quiet. Workout room better than many more expensive hotels. Not easy walking distance to any restaurants, but easy to drive to many.

The following characters are included to meet Trip Advisor's silly 200 character minimum.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Chase M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. Our fitness center at the Candlewood Suites has recently added medicine balls and more free weights to better the options one has to promote well-being with more additions coming early 2014. With many restaurants located within only a 1/4 mile, by any means of travel will only take but a short time to visit. Each one of our team members are quite knowledgeable of the area and able to help with any needs you might have while with us. Happy Holidays.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

The night was cold and harsh when first I gazed
Upon this building--tired eyes yet closed.
A weary traveler-that's what the long road made.
But entering this comforting abode
My night--my trip--changed utterly for good.
Was it light's warmth I felt? Nay 'twas a smile
Of friendly greeter, eyes lit like firewood.
With heart she told me "Please come stay awhile."
She checked me in and sent me to my room
Where without moment's pause I fell abed
To wake up in the morn' all rid of gloom,
Soft pillow 'neath--and glad thoughts in--my head.
And so I wend my way down by the stairs.
I cannot help but smile at my luck,
Nor stop a soft laugh—beautiful as prayers
Answered or harp strings at the pluck.
For certain this is but a brief moment,
Yet 'tis the tone for how well my stay went.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chase M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
The night was young -- eager to please this clerk was. A warm weary traveler the doors did deliver-- keys and information was given this guest did remember. The room was made up and prepared with great care -- for an uphappy traveler we will never dare. The stay was quiet, restful, but brief now gone -- this is our promise while one is with us till dawn.

Thank you for taking time to leave this great creative feedback. Our goal is to provide valuable, reliable, and caring service to each guest. Candlewood Suites, where guests can Consider Us Home!
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I would like to Thank Chase the General Manager and Jamie for working with us on all of our travel needs. They work very hard to make sure that each of us are taken care of. Also, Thank you Miss Patty for making sure that are rooms are clean and ready for the next person to check in. We appreciate it very much. At this time Miss Patty works with us sometimes around the clock to make sure we have clean rooms for the next person coming in. We have a big group staying there, some have to leave to go home while others take there place. This helps us when the rooms are clean and we do not have to wait. And last but not least, DeAllen, Mitty, Mindy and Chris you all assist at the front desk with our every need, Not to Mention those great cookies you keep us in stock with.Its always hard to be out of town, but when you have great people that make your stay warm and friendly it is always a plus!

Room Tip: Talk to Jamie for all of your needs- She excellent when helping you with travel arrangments!