“Don't understand the bad reviews” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Alva
“Don't understand the bad reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

I think there is something going on with the awful reviews. We didn't stay here last week because of the reviews and even drove on to Bkackwell to avoid staying in Alva. This week we were short on time and I accidentally selected this motel which I was trying to avoid because of the reviews. We have traveled all over the world and this motel is fine. It is not a four star or even a three but it is acceptable. The staff are not overly friendly but were very helpful. We will stay here again.

Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I've never stayed any where as bad as this. You would be better off to stay in your truck.

Room Tip: Reservations mean nothing to them. It's first come, first served, apparently.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Alva hotels

NM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Poorly maintained is an understatement. This place was very dirty, we cleaned before we felt some what confortable. We had the "Suite" HaHaHa!!! One of the doors was broke off of the cabinets and was neatly stored inside, the headboard was pulled loose from the wall. The floors were terrible. There is an oil boom of sorts going on in this area and most of the rooms are being occupied by oilfield roustabouts and some of those folks don't care about much. If it hadn't have been a trip to see an ill family member, I wouldn't have stayed, as there was nothing in the area available.

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere!!! ( I had to use lower case letters as it wouldn't allow me to use all capital let...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Bring your own vacuum cleaner as this place is filthy! I've been here over a week now and stairways have dirt & mud all over. Every day it gets worse. I've been in the room the last couple days because of the weather and i haven't heard a vacuum cleaner yet. I think they vacuum once a year, if that. Rooms aren't much better. Laundry room dryer exhaust has a big hole in the tube.

Room Tip: Unfortunately there are very limited choices of hotels here in Alva.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
onalaska wa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Not only was this the most disgusting motel I have ever beenin and I have travled all over the US and Europe. I really needed a shower but the shower had a whirlpool bath and the jets were filthy. I coukldn't stand to look at it. To top thingsoff my debit card showed two ubartherized charges to the tune of80.00. The room was87.00 and at the Fort Collins our room was under 60.00 exceptionaly clean and comfy. If I could find a phone number for Americas Best corp offices or even Alva I would call.

Room Tip: No matter how tired you are look at everything in the room before you take your shoes off.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Somewhat apprehensive about this establishment in light of prior reviews. Travel to Alva was to enroll son-in-law in NWOS. Rooms were clean, roomy and pleasant. Staff was wonderful and very helpfull. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Management1700, Regional Director at Americas Best Value Inn - Alva, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Management
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

Probably one of the worst hotels I stayed at. I was traveling with my wife and three children and after a 12 hour drive was looking to relax. Requested a non-smoking room, but after checking in the room it was horrific. It smelled like smoke, burn marks in the rug, handles on drawers were hanging off, tissue dispenser hanging off, drain plugs missing for both sink and tub, burn marks on the bath tub, stains on the walls (:-0), etc..... The only reason I stayed was two of my children had already fallen asleep. Never again...We make about 2 trips to Alva a year, but from now on I will be staying in Enid or the other surrounding towns.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Management1700, Regional Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Alva, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property.
Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve upon guest satisfaction. we apologize for the negative experience you incurred during your stay. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Management

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Alva? Share your experiences!