“Would definitely recommend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Raintree Inn

You added Raintree Inn to your Saves list
Raintree Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1100 N Mississippi Ave, Ada, OK 74820 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Ada
Perth, Australia
“Would definitely recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I travelled to Oklahoma from Australia & stayed here for 2 weeks & do not have 1 compliant!! The room was clean, the bed was super comfy & the location was good with many dining options nearby. The staff were outstanding, nothing was too much trouble. Even a check in at 2am.
The breakfast was great with a variety of options.
My only suggestions would be to have a DVD player in the room & keep the smoking rooms bedding for the smoking rooms as there was a burn hole in one of the blankets on the bed & I had a non smoking room. It didn't bother me but some guests it may.
I read some reviews that complained about the decor being dated, I personally thought it to be charming & gave the place character. I felt very at home here.
I will definitely be staying here again when I go back to Oklahoma.
Awesome job Raintree!!

• Stayed October 2012
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments, we have read and shared your comments with all of our staff and you made them all feel wonderful, we are so happy to have a staff that really does care and that that caring is shown and seen by our guest. We are a small property so we tend to get to know our guest a little more than some larger properties tend to be able to and try and treat each guest as if they are guest in our home.

We do so agree with you about the property having character and we are also in the middle of remodeling the property. We are attempting to maintain this character and not allow the property to be turned into a cookie cutter styling just because it is what is hip and in today, we always try to maintain a classic styling. Currently we are replacing all of our televisions with brand new LG flat panels and removing the wall vinyl, texturing and painting all of our rooms. As I write this letter, I am just back from looking at a room that has had one of the new custom mixed paints placed on the wall, it is offers a new fresh and warm feeling to the room. We will also be re-tiling all of our bathrooms over the next couple of years, while also redoing our breakfast area, desk, lobby and the exterior of the property over the next two years. I do hope we will see you again and that you will get to see these rooms, as I think you will really enjoy them, even more than what we have today.

To your suggestions DVD players are something we have considered in the past, however they do not make commercial DVD players of the hospitality industry and today so many people are traveling with gaming consoles that will play DVD’s we have opted at this time not to do so. That said however we will note this suggestion in our files and should it become a more suggested item, it will be seriously looked at again.

We are part of a smaller and smaller amount of properties that still offer smoking and non-smoking rooms. I do not foresee us getting completely rid of the smoking rooms, as this allows us to separate the two and takes away any excuse for a smoker to smoke in one of our dedicated non-smoking rooms. Because of this we have no issue in being very serious and able to stand our ground to fine a guest for smoking in our non-smoking rooms. As to the blanket with the small burn hole, we do regret that it was in that room. However before it would have been moved it would have also been cleaned prior to being placed on your bed. A little something that most people would not know is that we do not use a washing machine; we use a commercial extractor to clean our sheets, blankets etc. This does a much greater job of cleaning along with the automated adding of bleach and sanitizers to each and every load.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
wimberley, tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had made a rez a week before we were to be here. We were on the road, and arrived just before sunset. Upon check in , the girl stated that they had just painted a door there, but it should be dry. I said ok. They had been renovating. And they had no other rooms.
We got checked in and the curtains would not shut all the way. I fought with them until I called someone to come up and bring a pin for me. They had NO pins. I said I would go buy some pins if they would discount the room. They became offended, and said they could not offer a discount on top of my AAA.
Ok, I finally got the curtains to close with a book. Then the next thing I know the manager is pounding on the door. The girl up front had called to say he was on his way. He was very mean, and was quick to point out that they had just hung the curtains that morning, and I must be doing something wrong. He made it very clear at that point that I could leave and find another hotel, and he'd refund my money. I told him I was very tired(been driving all day), and that since I got the curtain to close, we would just stay. But the strong scent of paint got worse and worse as the evening went on----we were both getting headaches. So at almost midnight, I called up to say we were leaving. They did refund my money(as well they should), but said that there were NO other hotels available in Ada.
Well, we went straight to the Holiday Inn Express, and they gave me a discounted room which was MUCH nicer than the previous one, and did not stick of paint.
I will NEVER attempt to stay at the Best Western again because of this horrible experience. They knew a week ahead that I was coming, and should NOT have painted the day of my arrival.
And the manager was very pissy about the whole thing. As a matter of fact, NOW the name Best Western leaves a bad taste in my mouth---I highly doubt I would EVER stay there, no matter what the town was.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you don't care the shape of the room---the toilet seat was all staine...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We value all of our customers and work to meet any needs or that any guest may have or request. Luckily it is rare I have to respond to a review or guest complaint of this type and have to take the stance I am going to have to take in writing this response. I apologize for the length of this response, however it takes this length to respond to such comments as stated by this person and I want any who read this to know the entire facts.

We are in the midst of completely remodeling this property and the room you occupied had been occupied by one other guest since it had been painted, however there was still a hint of fresh paint smell in the room, since we had just touched up the connecting doors.

I had been on the property when you arrived and I left for the day shortly after your arrival. I had called the property to tell them something, about ten or so minutes after leaving and you had apparently just returned to the desk when I called. My desk clerk asked me to hold for a moment so that she could talk with you. She had just laid the phone down, without actually placing me on hold, so I was able to hear what was talking place. I ended up pulling over and listening because of the tone, attitude and volume level I heard coming from a guest. After a few minutes of listening I turned around and drove back to the property, arriving shortly after you left the desk.

Upon my return to the property I spoke with both desk clerks about what was going on and decided to also contact the property owner, about what I had heard and what had been relayed to me from the desk clerks. It was decided that the best option was most likely just give you your money back and send you down the road, but we also knew that there could be more to the story that we where aware of.

I had my clerk call you and tell you that I was on the property and was coming down to speak with you. In truth I was on the property to evict you from the property, based on the conversation I heard between you and my desk staff, they are not paid enough to be asked to take that type of treatment.

To clarify all of your complaints that you made while here and in your review:
1. Room air conditioner was not on.
2. Guest room refrigerator was not on.
3. Curtains would not close.
4. Room smelled of fresh paint.
5. Mean manager pounded on your door.

As to the room’s air conditioner, no they are not left on, except during extreme heat or cold. You had been in your room for less than an hour when I came down to your room and the room was already cooler than it was outside. I had called time and temperature it was 73 degrees out side and we had a high for the day in the low 80’s.

Your refrigerator not being left on, we do not leave on all of the refrigerators in the property as all rooms may not be rented and not all guests will use them. They take less than an hour to cool down once turned on. As with our air conditioners and refrigerators managing the electrical use is part of our efforts of not wasting energy within our green initiative.

Yes the room smelled of fresh paint, as the room had been painted a few days before and on the day of your arrival we had just touched up the paint on the connecting doors. The room had been rented the day before your arrival with no issues. However I will be the first to admit some people can be more sensitive to odors such as paint than others. Hence we advised you upon arrival that some painting had occurred that day in the room.

When I arrived at your room you had the bible holding the curtains closed. When I removed the bible and gave them a ever so light tug together they closed perfectly. I did not have to make any adjustments to the curtain rod or adjust the curtain hooks.

In addressing the mean manager, I did come to your room to evict you, but before making any decision; I chose to speak with you first to see if I could resolve the issues. As you stated in your review you where tired, but not from driving, but from rock hunting all day. You where in tears upon my arrival and I felt that maybe you where just tired and that once you had some rest everything would be better, so as the mean manager I decided not to evict you from the property. Roughly four hours later you decided you wanted to leave, at this point I would have been well within my right not to refund your money, as you had been given ample time to decide to stay or leave, however when you left four hours later I still had the desk refund your money.
Crook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I would definitely recommend this motel. Staff was very friendly, the price was reasonable, the motel was clean, the room was clean, the breakfast was your standard continental breakfast, and it was quiet and restful!

Room Tip: Great value and clean!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Rose, thank you for your review of our property, we greatly appreciate the feedback as it helps us to meet our guest expectations.

I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast as we have recently expanded it, to include scrambled eggs, cheddar omelets or breakfast burritos, link sausage, toast, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, hot and cold cereal, danishes and muffins.

Since your stay, we have also started installing our new flat panel televisions and are continuing to upgrade our room décor. We have been removing the wall vinyl, texturing and paining with a new paint scheme. While it is going to be a long process, we are also gutting each guest bathroom and retiling each room.

I hope you will return and enjoy the new look as these rooms progress.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We come to Ada, Ok. every year on Labor day for my family reunion, and we always stay at the Best Western Raintree. It is a beautiful hotel, with beautifully decorated , clean rooms, and the staff is so friendly. We checked in with our 3 kids at 9:45 pm., and even though the indoor pool closed at 10:00pm, the manager kept the pool open longer so the kids could swim. Anyone with kids knows how important such a small thing can be! It was very much appreciated! We wouldn't stay anywhere else when we come to Ada.

• Stayed September 2012
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your review, feedback that is received at the property and though tripadvisor is always listened to, so that we can attempt to offer the best experience possible, as our guest are our greatest asset.

I am so happy we where able to keep the pool open a little longer for you, we realize that when traveling with children, they need someplace to burn up so much of the energy that we adult wish we still had.
joshua, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Every thing went super from check in to check out. The breakfast was great as well as the service

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
James,
Thank you for your review, I hope we will have the opportunity to take care of your lodging needs in the future.

Brett Tribbey
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We were looking for quality rooms! We got just that with a great price. The breakfast was great as well. Will visit again and recommend to others!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
June,
Thank you for your thoughts and kind words, I am glad we were able to meet your expectations. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay in Ada and we hope you will enjoy some of the property updates that are in the works. By the end of 2012 we will have our Breakfast bar updated, new flat panel televisions will be here and our landscaping will be updated. Over the next three all guestrooms will have updated wall texture and paint, with crown moldings, new tile in all of the bathrooms and new vanities, plus several other large projects.

Again thank you for choosing the Best Western, Raintree Motor Inn and we look forward to seeing you again.

Brett Tribbey
Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

If you are looking for a safe and comfortable place to rest with a great price then I would highly recommend this place. This has become my home away from home while I travel for work. The Tribbey family and their staff will treat you like family and see that your stay is very warming and enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
David,
Thank you for your kind words, we work hard to make each guest feel welcome and we appreciate each and every guest. Traveling on business, I am sure you can appreciate, the work that it requires today to try and maintain quality and manage price, with the cost of things increasing, as we try and maintain our current price point.

Again that you for the kind words, it is comments as this that makes the work rewarding.

Been to Raintree Inn? Share your experiences!