“Great Interesting Flavors” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 56 Restaurants in Avon
Sylvania, Ohio
“Great Interesting Flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stopped into Mitchell's on a recent trip into Cleveland, bypassing our usual favorite spots. We were pleasantly surprised and loved the interesting flavors. The line was long,but moved very fast. As we were tasting each others flavors one of my children said she didnt like the flavor and they offered to switch her ice cream. She just did not enjoy the ice cream flavors the parents choose.

We will definetly make another stop into here the next time we are in the Cleveland area.

“Great Non-Dairy Options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Local company and homemade ice cream. My two year old can't have dairy or soy, so it was nice to find an ice cream spot that offers options to suit her dietary needs. They have non-dairy vegan options as well as fresh fruit sorbet options. I had a peanut butter and hot fudge sundae and it was very yummy. We will defiantly be back soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good home made, local ice cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Found this place by searching for "ice cream" on our phone's GPS. Appreciated that they were open until 11:00PM on a Friday night since we were out enjoying the sights while on vacation.
Very well lit, spacious space along with outdoor seating. Lots and lots of options in favors, ice cream, sorbets, frozen yogurt as well as vegan offerings.
Also liked that some of their menu items make a point to share that some of the ingredients used are from within a hundred miles and made right in Ohio. Staff was friendly and helpful when we were deciding on our choices.
Only weird experience was when staff asked if we wanted our order for there or to go. We already had our ice cream so I was a bit confused. Apparently if you say for there they add an additional tax to your bill; we chose to place our order to go.

Visited July 2014
Milan, Ohio
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I brought my son and daughter here for ice cream. We had driven by so many times and figured we'd finally give it a try. I wish we would have stopped in earlier!

I figured I'd watch the kids eat their ice cream as I can't have dairy. I was so surprised/excited to see that they had Vegan ice cream, made with coconut milk!!! My son had the key lime pie and daughter had mint chocolate chunk. They both loved it! I had the Vegan salted caramel pecan, it was great!

The ice cream shop is large with plenty of indoor seating and an area for outdoor seating. The shop was clean and service was great. The staff were very helpful and nice.

I like that they use local ingredients and some are organic. I hope that additional Vegan flavors are added. I thought the prices were reasonable. We'll be back!

Plain City, Ohio
“Delicious, natural flavors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

They claim they use fresh, local ingredients and it certainly tastes like it. There is nothing I love more than getting strawberry ice cream and it actually tastes like fresh strawberries, not strawberry flavoring and artificial colors. My husband and I each got single scoop bowls and it was $7 for both and totally worth it. I would definitely stop at any of the Mitchell's locations if I ever run across them again.

• Visited June 2014