“Great Nights Sleep” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Avon
Hamilton, Ontario
“Great Nights Sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We just spent one night at the hotel but it was clean, well maintained and staff was professional. Would have no problem recommending this hotel. Did not use the fitness facilities but they appeared highly inadequate which is typical in this style of hotel. Most people who stay I am sure aren't planning on working out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Prince Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is what a hotel should be like; as I have family in the area, I have had occasion to come to this area several times and I will stay only here. The location is great (between Cleveland & Elyria and not too far from Lake Erie) as it is right off the freeway and good food places are nearby as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
FFIAvon, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We truly appreciate your positive comments. We thank you for staying with us on your trips to Avon, and look forward to your future visits.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here for a quick overnight and it was as expected of a Fairfield Inn. Check in staff was friendly and informative. Drinks and popcorn were available all evening long. Hotel was very quiet. We only saw a few other travelers during our stay. Breakfast was your standard hotel quick buffet. Beds were comfortable and the room clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. I really appreciate it as does my staff. If you are back in the Avon area again, please stop and see us. Thank You.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from staying here while traveling for the wedding. I enjoyed the cleanliness of the room, but upon further inspection I noticed brown drip stains near the power outlet as well as unidentified stains on the picture above the bed the bed was comfortable but I felt could have had the option of more blankets.

I enjoyed staying here, until I got a knock on the door. It was a hotel employee that wanted to ensure we hadn't left without paying yet. I found the suspicious nature of this hospitality employee a bit unsettling, as though we were imposing on them with our stay. Most importantly since our card had already been charged. At checkout i went to the frpnt desk and was told by the clerk that "everything is completely fine - you didn't have to come here to checkout. You could have just left." She was nice but I can see how this situation would put a black mark on another customers stay. That notwithstanding it seemed a very well run hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
FFIAvon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I appreciate the nice comments. It seems like your review was a mixed bag of some good and some not so good. I will look into your situation a little further as I am not aware of any staff member that would present any of our guests with an uncomfortable situation. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me at the hotel. Again, we appreciate all feedback from all our guests.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had been traveling for many hours, I was not feeling well, and searching for a nice hotel that would accomodate the four of us. We had stopped at three different hotels before finding this Fairfield in Avon OH. Laura was at the front desk and was an angel! They were having computer issues for check in and my heart sank that we might have to keep looking. But not only did Laura keep a smile on her face and have a positive attitude, she did everything she could to accomadate us and get us into a room in record time! She was by far one of the nicest people I have encountered at any hotel. She even brought us up a rollaway bed when we found the beds were too small to fit our group of 4. Not only did she get us a rollaway bed, but she brought it up in person, with a smile, and within 5 minutes of us calling! The pool was open late, which was wonderful for my boys, the breakfast was delicious, and the beds comfortable. Thanks, Laura, for saving our night!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
FFIAvon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for the review. I really appreciate it as does my staff. I will forward your nice comments on to Laura and I am sure she will appreciate them so much. If you are back in the Avon area again, please stop and see us. Thank You, Mike G.M.
Ypsilanti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed on 2/19/13 and enjoyed the hotel. Room was clean, bathroom was clean, bed was comfortable. The bed was a little small for my wife and I so next time I would get a bigger bed.

Pool was a good temperature. Not the biggest but fine for a little relaxing. Great if you have kids. Jacuzzi was nice.

I gave the service average only because we didn't really need any services. Oh, the safe in the room didn't work right but no big deal on this trip.

Nice hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
FFIAvon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your positive review of our Fairfield Inn & Suites in Avon. I hope you will be able to return soon and try out our upgraded breakfast. We recently added scrambled eggs and sausage to our breakfast daily. Please come back and check it out. Thank you again, Mike G.M.
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Avon
This review is for a three star hotel and will be compared with other three star properties we have stayed in. The Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott is located in Avon, about 30 miles west of Cleveland.

Rooms:
The room was clean and nice. A little above other three star hotels we have stayed in. The bathroom not that spacious, but okay. We read in hotel reviews that mold had been found in bathrooms, and we also spotted what we believe was mold in parts of the corner in the bathtub. The overall impression of the room was good so we did not pay that much attention to this mold.

Service:
The service distinguished itself. We were greeted by a very service minded and nice front desk lady - Laura. She was very helpful and provided excellent service. The service gave a made us feel very welcome and was a very good start of our stay at Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott.

Location:
As mentioned the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott is located outside of Cleveland. It was a good place for staying a night. There is a restaurant close to the hotel and a McDonald and also a petrol station in the vicinity. We arrived in the evening so we did not explore the area any further. a good stop along the interstate.

The fitness room was good and provided both cardio machine and power machines. There was one treadmill with tv screen and one cardio bike. Modern and good equipment. The fitness room was not that big, but workout went fine. There was a water machine and towls.

Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott was a good three star hotel and provided very good service. The breakfast had a good selection, but did not stand our in any particular way. In order to have a quiet room we can recommend to ask for a room on the "backside" of the hotel.

We can recommend the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
FFIAvon, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is good to hear the nice comments regarding our hotel and staff. We understand our location is not extremely busy but for many travelers we are in a great location. We are so glad you made it and enjoyed your stay. - Come see us again soon! Mike, G.M.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon? Share your experiences!