“Great wood oven pizza, nice atmosphere.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Wadsworth, Ohio
“Great wood oven pizza, nice atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were invited to meet some family at Wood and Wine. They spoke highly about the place. We were NOT disappointed! Great wood fired pizza, garlic bread and wings. The restaurant is in a weird location. Near a hotel but not much else (a few businesses) and the sign is hard to see until you are right on top of it. Don't let this distract you from trying it. We went on a Saturday between lunch and dinner so they were not busy at the time. I have heard that on Friday nights and Saturday nights it is packed. I think it would be worth the wait even when it is packed. Not many places make REAL wood fired pizza. You can watch the chef putting pizzas in the oven with the roaring fire in the back. The crust is crispy, sometimes a little blackened from the fire and oh so good! I would say it is definitely GOURMET unique pizza...... very unlike the chain pizza joints.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boston
“Beat my expectations!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Wood & Wine is located next to a hotel in an industrial area – not always a great sign, however, my family and I had dinner there and it was quite good.

I had a coffee encrusted pork tenderloin that was good but unremarkable, however the sides with it were GREAT! It was served with butternut-squash ravioli topped with a warm apple compote and sautéed veggies – they actually overwhelmed the tenderloin (in a good way). Also had a nice Caesar salad with lots of real Italian anchovies (anchovies are optional and you get the choice of white or dark).

As you would expect from a place called Wood & Wine the wine list was extensive (but not overwhelming and not overpriced).

All in all a pleasurable experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
“Vist on 8/12/2013”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our first time visit ot the resturant was a new experence. We sat at our table for at least 15 minutues before we got up and left because no one came to take our order. I will never go back to that place!

• Visited August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our experience was far from excellent and perfect as previous reviewers claimed theirs was. The calamari appetizer was not "spicy" as indicated, it was actually tasteless and small for the $9 price tag. Pizza was undercooked. Eggplant parm was bland and gooey. We had four glasses of wine and a sliver of cake and the bill was nearly $100! Insane for mediocre food and a tacky environment.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Litchfield, Ohio
“Excellent wine choices and seafood dinners!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I have been to Wood and Wine several times. We would normally get a good bottle of wine along with a pizza and cheese board.....good dinner. However......2 visits ago I discovered their pasta dishes with seafood!!!!! I've had 2 different dinners with pasta, scallops, shrimp, and mussels........WONDERFUL!!!!!! And NOT expensive!!! I have paid a lot more for seafood at other restaurants and haven't been near as pleased as I was with these 2 dinners. Fresh and delicious!!!!!!!!!!! And for you travelers.....Wood and Wine is located right off of Rt 2 at exit 611.

• Visited July 2013