“Yumm!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Strip Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Avon
Cross street: East of Rt. 611
Avon, Ohio
“Yumm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am a meat and potato girl and Strip never leaves me wanting! My latest favorite is a 32oz bone-in Wagyu ribeye that is served with home made chips, and yes, there is enough to share with my husband. They start by serving drinks and warm pretzel bread sticks then you have the pleasure of exploring their creative and fun menu. I have had several of the salads which were delicious and if you have room for dessert, well :-) ! The service is always friendly and knowledgeable and I love the atmosphere. They have a lovely patio with a great fire and water feature.

• Visited July 2013

Westlake, Ohio
“Westside Beef Lovers, Rejoice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Three of us finally visited Strip after a year or so of false starts. We regret having waited. You're greeted by a fabulous decor...rustic wood (it is a reconverted barn, after all) mixed with upscale lighting and artwork throughout. The place impresses immediately. Our table wasn't quite ready, so we sat at the bar, located in the bustling main floor. It was the tail end of Happy Hour, so it was crowded and noisy. The open kitchen area is also located on this level, so there is plenty to observe. We were seated upstairs after a short wait and it is an absolutely lovely dining space. Our waitress was very pleasant and thorough. The menu is so inventive and diverse, we ended up over-eating as each of us wanted to try an appetizer...and they were all large enough to share. In addition to the steak that they are famous for, lobster occupies many areas of the menu. Our appetizers consisted of a lobster/crab pot pie, lobster pierogis and lobster "schnitzel". All were inventive and totally delicious. Time for beef! Strangely, we all ended up choosing ribeye on this night. We're usually more diverse in our beef selections, but we were craving the rich marbling and unique flavor that only a ribeye can deliver. From the "Boilermaker" which was spiced and blackened to the 22-oz. bone-in "Cowboy", we were in beef nirvana. The generous cuts were all prepared perfectly (and lovingly, it seemed). The salads and the sides were all very unique in their own way also. Needless to say, we were carting doggie boxes as we left. We decided that we would return very soon to dig further into the menu. There is so much more to sample!!! We're convinced that Strip is a heavyweight well on its way to claiming the Westside beef throne!

• Visited July 2013
Vermilion, Ohio
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I loved the decor, very nice place. The service was ok. The food presentation was good. Just a few little moves and this place would be absolutely outstanding. Food was pretty good. The small steak I had could have been seasoned a bit better but overall it was good. The salad was actually too fancy lol, just give me some romain and save the weeds for someone else. Tomatos and onions are nice too. Price is comparable to Hyde Park, maybe worse. If they would be a little more reasonable price wise their return business would double. Nosebleed alert. A once in a while place for me.

Visited April 2013
Ohio
“Amazing meal!! Worth every penny!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I took my husband here for his birthday and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere is awesome and the food was beyond our expectations. He had the cowboy steak and I had the skinny pasta dish...each was awesome! You have to get the monkey bread for dessert...so good! The service was fantastic. It's a little pricy but so worth it...a great experience!

• Visited June 2013
Clovi
“Outstanding!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I are new to Avon (moved here from New Mexico) and we went out with another couple that we have met who moved here from New Zealand. Do not let the outside fool you. It is an old barn but the inside is very well decorated and trendy. The service, food & drinks were great!!! I would suggest getting the dinner for 2 and upgrading the steak from a 6 oz to a 12 oz. On the dinner for two you both get soup or salad, a 6 oz filet mignon (upgrade to the 12oz for $10 more), pick two sides which are HUGE (lobster pasta and spinach I highly recommend) and then you get a dessert. I just moved here from beef country and the steaks here are outstanding!!! If anyone is familiar with Bull Ring Steakhouse in Santa Fe, NM, I would compare the Strip Steakhouse to that. All in all we will go back again!! A definite must recommend to anyone!

• Visited May 2013