“A Great One Night Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Austintown
Boynton Beach, Florida
“A Great One Night Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The place was clean. The beds were super comfortable. A great spot right off the highway. The staff was super friendly. Places like this make me glad to be a Marriott rewards member. I know I will always get good value a nd a comfortable bed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
FFI35, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Melissa and Dave,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Austintown; we absolutely love getting feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay!

Thank you for choosing Marriott! :)

Rachel Miskell, General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were in Ohio for the NFL Hall of Fame Weekend festivities and chose this area due to relative proximity to Canton and ease of access from the interstate. We were not disappointed. We arrived late Friday and check in was easy, followed by front desk helpfully providing local options for dinner. The rooms were clean and the staff was wonderful in terms of any questions. While the hotel was fully booked, it didn't seem overcrowded.

The area is clearly a well used stop for interstate travelers as it's immediately surrounded by a plethora of fast food restaurants and hotels. Really only used this as a pace to sleep between two trips to Canton and a visit to Cleveland, but I'd stay here again without question. We never used the hotel breakfast but found the Market to be good for grab and go. Only minor complaints: the pool and gym could do with a refresh though and the curtains in 316 didn't fully close. I prefer a fully dark room but may not be issue for others.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suites are on the second floor. Regular kings are on the 3rd
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
FFI35, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Carianne C,

Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Austintown, and thank you for sharing your experience! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We did have many travelers who were partaking in the Hall of Fame activities that weekend. Should you come for next year's events, there will be a racino open right next to us for even more dining and entertainment options in our area. Our pool and gym will be included on our next round of renovations! We so appreciate the feedback!

DuBois PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We booked a suite here because we travel with a toddler who goes to bed at 7:30. It was sufficient for our needs.

The good:
The staff in the morning was very friendly
The suite has a separate door containing the sleeping quarters (imperative unless we all want a 7:30 bedtime)
Bonus: the bathroom is not in the sleeping area.
Breakfast: the was a nice variety, clean and hot, nice selection of condiments, probably the best scrambled eggs I have had at a free breakfast hotel
Wifi - free with no need for those annoying passwords
Food: lots of restaurants nearby including, but not limited to, Quaker Steak & Lube, Chipotle, Panera, Subway, Bob Evans

The bad:
Pool had some mysterious floaties.
A/C - the bed room unit went on and off frequently causing the temperature to fluctuate often
Sofa bed - first it's a love seat - two people can sit but not lounge in comfort. As a bed - we considered sleeping on it but the mattress was terrible.
Layout- the layout of the suite was awkward but not terrible.

We stayed in room 301.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Coach BCV,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Austintown, OH. We love feedback, as we're always looking to improve our guests' experience. I apologize for the pool floaties. It's serviced daily; I wonder if high occupancy was to blame.

Depending upon how many you're looking to sleep, we do have other suites that have more beds, in addition to the sofa bed. We're happy to show them if they're available! Just ask!

I hope you'll stay again if you come back to the Youngstown area!

Warmest Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This hotel was extremely clean. The beds were very comfortable, & the 2 beds with a pullout was plenty spacious for 5 tired people for the night. We were extremely happy to get this room considering all neighboring hotels were booked.
When I entered, not feeling very hopeful, I was told they had 1 room left & it was a king......not going to work for 2 adults & 3 kids. Of the 2 people working, the man was very pleasant in apologizing, & the lady there told him (over - rode) & got us the suite. It was very late at night (2am), so I can't tell you how thankful I was.
A+ for customer service, A+ for cleanliness.
Thank you!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Baseballmom70,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Austintown. We so appreciate the feedback! I'm so glad we were able to accommodate you and your family. The suites are the ideal set up for families, especially with a separate TV and area for the kids! I hope you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay as well, and I hope you'll come back if your travels send you back our way!

Warm Regards
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel while traveling across country and had a very enjoyable experience there. The staff could not have been more accommodating, offering directions to local restaurants and movie theater, checking to make sure the room was fine for us and being very welcoming after a long day on the road. The room was clean, smelled fine, offered free internet and had very comfortable beds. The breakfast buffet was very good and got us off on a good start for another long day of travel. I would certainly stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
FFI35, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear NewHampshireSusieQ4,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Austintown, Ohio. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much! I will certainly share your comments with the team! :)

Safe Travels to You!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The Ohio Turnpike isn't particularly scenic, and the area near this turnoff is no better. I couldn't actually find the hotel at first. My GPS led me half a mile astray among the shuttered businesses and tacky billboards, and then I found it - up a driveway exactly opposite the ramp where I had left the turnpike.

It was an oasis. The reception staff were friendly, the decor was bright and cheerful, and my room was a dream. I didn't want to leave my comfy bed next morning, but I had another few hundred miles to drive. The breakfast - included in the price of the stay - had a wide range of delicious items.

Thanks, Fairfield Inn, for giving me such a pleasant stay on a long and somewhat dreary journey.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
FFI35, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Margaret F.,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm sorry your journey was dreary, but I'm stoked you enjoyed your time at the Fairfield Inn and Suites! We so appreciate the feedback!

Safe and happier travels to you!

Lewisville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I really liked the service. The people working at this Fairfield seemed to enjoy their jobs and they were friendly and helpful. The hotel was a typical Fairfield, good solid hotel at a value price with a free breakfast. Just what we needed for one night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear SLM 554,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites of Austintown. We love feedback from our guests! We do have quite a few team members that have been here for a number of years...We love our jobs and our guests! So glad you chose to stay with us!

Rachel Miskell, General Manager

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown? Share your experiences!